Prostaflow Plus Suppositories from Zetpil are designed to support the function of a healthy prostate and urinary tract. Contains beta-sitosterol, selenium, nettle root and other nutrients which support antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity throughout the body. Suppository base and precise dosages ensure optimal effectiveness and bioavailability.
- Contains powerful prostate support nutrients selenomethionine, beta-sitosterol, nettle root, vitamin D and Boswellia Serrata.
- Designed to support the body in its resistance to inflammation.
- Contains all-natural ingredients with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Also supports cholesterol levels already within a healthy range.
- Suppository formulation greatly improves absorption rates when compared to orally administered capsules.
- Can be shipped with ice to ensure preservation of shape and potency.
Beta-Sitosterol for Prostate and Cholesterol Support
Beta-sitosterol is a plant derived chemical compound with a similar structure to cholesterol. Because of this, beta-sitosterol and other compounds like it are branded as “plant sterol esters”. Its similarity in structure to cholesterol is thought by many health experts to limit quantities of LDL cholesterol (or “bad cholesterol”) in the body. This is perhaps the most common reason for taking beta-sitosterol. However, many experts also believe that beta-sitosterol aids in the function of a healthy urinary tract due to its support of anti-inflammatory activity in the prostate.1,2
Selenomethionine and the Benefits of Selenium in the Body
Selenium is a complicated element from a nutritional perspective. On the one hand, it is exceptionally valuable to multiple bodily systems and functions. On the other, it can be exceptionally difficult to obtain. Very few foods contain a substantial quantity of selenium, with Brazil nuts and Yellowfin tuna being the most selenium rich at 544 mcg and 92 mcg respectively. High-quality pasture raised meats like chicken, turkey, and beef also contain trace amounts of selenium (20-30 mcg).
Selenomethionine is a natural amino acids which contains selenium. In fact, it is selenomethionine which is found in food sources of selenium, rather than the element itself. The body metabolizes the selenomethionine from food and breaks it down into usable selenium. This natural metabolic process is widely considered to be the most effective method for supporting the bioavailability of selenium. Once absorbed, selenium has powerful antioxidant properties and may play a role in supporting systems responsible for anti-inflammatory activity.3 These suppositories contain a perfectly calibrated dosage (100 mcg) of highly-absorbable selenomethionine to ensure its usefulness within the body without providing an excessive or potentially harmful amount.
Note: Storing this product at room temperature will not alter the effectiveness or potency. However a firm suppository is necessary for a comfortable and easy insertion. Therefore we recommend that this product be stored in the refrigerator to maintain firmness. If the suppository does become soft, place the suppository in the refrigerator to achieve the firmness needed for comfortable insertion Avoid excessive heat 40°C (104°F). Store in a cool place 8° to 15°C (46° to 59°F) or refrigerate. When using nutritional supplements or nutraceuticals, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition healthcare professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.