DHEA may support the production of sex hormones estrogen and testosterone as well as anti-inflammatory activity. Oral intake of DHEA tends to yield poor results in terms of absorption and bioavailability. This cream formulation of DHEA absorbs directly through the skin, and is micronized to even further facilitate absorption.
- Calibrated dosage (10 mg) of high quality DHEA
- DHEA is a precursor to testosterone and estrogen production in adrenal glands
- May play a role in anti-inflammatory activity
- Cream formulation bypasses digestive tract for superior absorption rates
- Micronized to further ease absorption through the pores of the skin
What Is DHEA?
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a hormone which is naturally produced by the adrenal glands of the human body. Though it cannot be found in any food sources, it is synthesized from structurally similar compounds which are found in yams and soy. There is much to be discovered about the properties of DHEA, but experts are aware that it is a precursor to the development of sex hormones testosterone and estrogen within the adrenal gland of the body.1
The production of DHEA, testosterone, and estrogen all decline with advanced age. This decline is thought to be a factor in a number of health concerns which tend to arise with old age. Regardless of any potential deficiencies, DHEA is a useful hormone with great potential for nutritional support across multiple bodily systems.
Potential Health Benefits and Bioavailability of DHEA
Because DHEA is a precursor to testosterone and estrogen synthesis within the adrenal gland, many people take DHEA with the intention of increasing the quantities of these crucial sex hormones in the body. Some experts suspect that DHEA may even play a role in anti-inflammatory activity as well.2
As with many hormonal compounds, DHEA has very poor oral bioavailability. This means that as it is forced to pass through the digestive tract much of the DHEA is disposed of and rendered useless to the body. For DHEA to be utilized to its fullest it must reach the bloodstream without being processed in the digestive system. This cream formulation of DHEA is designed to penetrate the skin and absorb directly, completely bypassing any degradation in the digestive tract.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- For topical use only.
- For best results apply cream on neck, inner forearms or inner thighs.
- Avoid eyes and mucous membranes.
Contraindications: This product is contraindicated in person with known hypersensitivity to phopholipids, sesame seeds or any of the ingredients.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.