- 16 mg of cannabidiol (CBD) per serving.
- Completely free of THC – no psychoactive effects!
- For a slightly different spectrum of cannabinoid content, try Full Spectrum Hemp Extract.
- Designed to work with the endocannabinoid system to aid in stress management, pain management, and more!
- Liposomal delivery has been shown to support CBD bioavailability.
Demystifying the Endocannabinoid System
Many people, even CBD and hemp enthusiasts, don’t know much about the endocannabinoid system. This is understandable given that scientists have only been able to define this system as recently as 1990.1 Thusly, research and information on the endocannabinoid system tends to be more limited than you would find for most other systems in the human body.
For the uninitiated, here is a simplistic breakdown of the endocannabinoid system, and the effects of cannabinoids like CBD:
- Cannabinoid receptors can be found throughout the central nervous system, including the brain.
- These receptors bind to neurotransmitters called endocannabinoids and provide signals which impact cognitive function, appetite, stress response, and more.2
- Cannabinoid compounds like CBD and THC, found exclusively in cannabis plants, have a multitude of effects on endocannabinoid release and cannabinoid receptor uptake.
- These modulations may also result in changes to other neurotransmissions such as serotonin release (associated with relaxation and euphoria).3
Pretty complicated stuff, but the gist is that only cannabinoid compounds like CBD and THC are capable of impacting the endocannabinoid system. Because this system is so directly tied to vital bodily processes like stress response and cognitive function, it is no wonder than CBD has undergone rigorous clinical experimentation to monitor its effects on stress, memory, anxiety, and even pain. So far, the results of these studies have been fascinating and highly promising in certain areas.
Why Choose Quicksilver Scientific Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract?
With so many CBD and hemp-based products flooding the market as of late (CBD oils, capsules, gummy bears, and yes, even burgers), many are left paralyzed by choice and overwhelmed with questions: Which of these products has the best chance of working with my body and lifestyle? What is the overall bioavailability of CBD in humans? How can the potency and cannabinoid content of any given hemp oil be monitored and verified?
These are all perfectly reasonable questions for any savvy consumer to ask. Thankfully, unlike many CBD product manufacturers, Quicksilver Scientific has answers! Before we unpack the specifics of their formulation, let’s discuss the general bioavailability of CBD.
One systematic review on the topic of CBD bioavailability asserts that the research on human models has been too limited to reach any conclusive statement on absorption rates across the general public.4 However, absorption rates of 30% were observed in one study that monitored the effects of CBD via the inhalation of cannabis smoke.5 Meanwhile, a study which is much more directly relevant to the delivery methods of Quicksilver Scientific Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract found that Pro Nano Liposphere delivery enhanced oral CBD bioavailability 6-fold.6
The entirety of Quicksilver Scientific’s product line utilizes the power of liposomal delivery. In the case of Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, the hemp oil is emulsified in phospholipids from purified sunflower seed lecithin. This process is designed to form liposomal membranes around the cannabinoid contents, protecting them from digestive processes and aiding in absorption.
While other forms of oral CBD might come-and-go like a passing fad, Quicksilver Scientific Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract is grounded in scientific research and careful attention to detail. We hope that it will earn a lasting place in your dietary regimen.
Note: Best used within 60 days of opening.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.