Those who work nights shifts, experience regular jet lag, or otherwise suffer from restless nights and exhausting days, may find that Melatonin supplementation holds the key to unlocking a healthier sleep cycle. Apart from its role in healthy sleep, Melatonin is also an important neuroprotective antioxidant. Quicksilver Scientific Liposomal Melatonin High Dose spray is designed to bring you the best in sublingual bioavailability, with a dosage that is intended to curb even the most severe deficiencies.
- Choose between a standard 1 mg dose, or a more potent 4 mg dose.
- Precision pump top allows for adjustment of dosage per spray.
- Strong dose and superior bioavailability makes this the Melatonin supplement of choice for the worst cases of jet lag, restlessness, and difficulties staying asleep long enough to reach R.E.M.
- Also a powerful antioxidant which may support multiple aspects of brain health and cognitive function.
- Sublingual mouth spray with liposomal delivery technology is designed to ensure optimal absorption.
- At 150 servings per bottle, this is one of the best values on the market today!
The Role of Melatonin in a Healthy Sleep Cycle
Melatonin is a hormone which is produced and excreted by the pineal gland at the base of the brain. It is best known for its role in regulating a healthy sleep cycle, or circadian rhythm. The body produces Melatonin at accelerated rates in darkness as a signal for the body to relax and go to sleep.1 However, many common lifestyle conditions like stress, travel, working night shifts, and excessive blue light exposure may result in impeding the natural production of Melatonin. This tends to cause difficulties with getting to sleep and staying asleep long enough to reach R.E.M.
In addition to the lifestyle conditions listed above, defects in Melatonin production occur fairly often in people of advanced ages.2 Anyone, of any age or lifestyle, who is struggling to maintain a healthy sleep cycle should consider the possibility of Melatonin supplementation as a natural and effective solution.
Mental Health Implications of Melatonin
There are many false claims made about the relation between Melatonin deficiencies and depression. Some go so far as to claim that melatonin supplementation is a treatment, or even a cure for depression. While some experts have identified a link between Melatonin and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), it remains to be proven that Melatonin supplementation is a viable treatment for depression, despite a number of individuals who have reported favorable results with their individual cases.
However, Melatonin is a neuroprotective antioxidant which plays a variety of roles in brain health and cognitive function, so it’s worth noting that there may be cases in which a Melatonin deficiency could be a contributing factor to a variety of difficulties with mood regulation. Those who experience depression that they suspect may be tied to low melatonin levels should consult a healthcare professional, as well as sleep hormone testing, before undergoing supplementation.
Sublingual Melatonin Spray for Superior Bioavailability
The potential health benefits of Melatonin supplementation are undeniable, but there is much debate about the effectiveness of orally administered Melatonin supplements like capsules, tablets, and pills. Some studies have shown that Melatonin has exceptionally low bioavailability in these forms resulting from poor oral absorption, large first-pass metabolism, or a combination of the two.3 This liposomal spray formula from Quicksilver Scientific is designed to absorb sublingually through the porous tissues of the mouth, particularly those under the tongue, preventing any degradation from metabolic and digestive processes.
Note: Store at room temperature, away from light.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.