- 1.5 mL of Houttuynia leaf extract per serving.
- Designed for antioxidant and anti-inflammatory support.
- Highly bioavailable liquid extract for improved absorption.
- All of NutraMedix’s world-class herbal products are enhanced with a unique, broad-spectrum extraction process.
- 20 servings per container.
An Overview of Houttuynia Cordata
Houttuynia Cordata is a flowering plant which is native to Southeast Asia, but has since been widely cultivated in North America and other parts of the world. While Houttuynia is now available worldwide, its use is limited almost exclusively to Southeast Asian culinary traditions, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), and in the medicinal practices of various tribes of Assam, India.
In both Chinese and Indian traditions, Houttuynia is used primarily for its perceived cooling, resolvent and emmenagogue properties. Some of the applications include eye troubles, skin irritations, detoxification, aiding healthy urination, and various aspects of women’s health.
So, which of these supposed properties and usages have been validated by modern-day scientific research?
The overarching theme of research surrounding Houttuynia Cordata is inflammation. According to one review of the clinical literature, it may be capable of inhibiting the release of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in mice. In addition, a carrageenan-air pouch model showed that 200 mg of Houttuynia exerts anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting both TNF-α-nitric oxide (NO) and COX-2-PGE2 pathways.1
Finally, as with most herbs which provide anti-inflammatory support, Houttuynia may also exhibit some antioxidant and free radical scavenging properties, primarily due to the presence of chlorogenic acid and its derivatives, catechin and procyanidin B.1*
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.