- 1.5 mL of Samento Uncaria Tomentosa bark extract per serving.
- The Uncaria Tomentosa plant is more commonly known on the supplement market as Cat’s Claw.
- Designed for various aspects of immune system support.
- Formula is Non-GMO, vegan, and contains no corn, gluten, yeast, or soy.
- Highly bioavailable liquid for improved absorption.
- Pairs well with NutraMedix Banderol.
- 20 servings per 1 oz. container, 40 servings per 2 oz. container.
What is Samento?
With the massive variety of herbal extracts which are commonly contained in dietary supplements, it can get difficult to keep yourself informed. This problem only gets worse when you realize that many herbs have two names (or more!) which are commonly used on ingredient lists and marketing material…
You may not have heard of Samento, or at least you may not realize you have. Uncaria Tomentosa is a woody vine from South and Central America which is best known as Cat’s Claw. The name Cat’s Claw is rather familiar, especially to those who are experienced with herbal supplements. However, Samento is a significantly less common title associated with the vining plant. So, why is that?
The term Samento is typically applied to a particular form of extract from the Cat’s Claw plant. Specifically, Samento is an extract from Uncaria Tomentosa which is free of tetracyclic oxindole alkaloids (TOA). Cat’s Claw is composed primarily of TOA and pentacyclic oxindole alkaloids (POA), with POA being the component of Cat’s Claw which is considered most directly responsible for helping to stimulate the immune system.1
What Are the Benefits?
As mentioned in the previous section, Samento is an extract from the Uncaria Tomentosa plant which is intended to provide support for the immune system. But how is this actually achieved?
The primary mechanisms by which Samento provides support for the immune system are antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory in nature. One study concluded that “Cat’s claw protects cells against oxidative stress and negated the activation of NF-κB.”2 NF-κB is a protein complex which plays a significant role in numerous cellular responses within the human body, inflammation included.
Additionally, a 2010 study from the University of New Haven states that Samento is useful for its antimicrobial activity against a common strain of pathogenic bacteria known as Borrelia Burgdorferi.3*
Storage: Keep tightly closed in a dry place at room temperature. (59-86°F or 15-30°C)
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Stop use if adverse reactions develop.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.