Biosom DHEA spray from Metagenics may support the function of the adrenal gland. DHEA serves as a precursor for the formation of sex hormones testosterone and estrogen. Liquid and capsule forms tend to yield poor absorption rates and overall bioavailability. This liposomal spray formulation absorbs in the mouth cavity for maximum absorption and effectiveness.
- Provides 5 mg of liposomal DHEA for superior bioavailability
- Supports the function of the adrenal gland
- Supports the production of estrogen and testosterone
- Designed to provide nutritional support to those of advanced age and others with specific conditions which have resulted in a sex hormone deficiency
- Mouth spray bypasses digestive system for improved absorption rates
DHEA and the Adrenal Gland
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a hormone of the human body which is naturally synthesized in the adrenal glands. Though it is not contained in any food sources, it can be produced synthetically from compounds found in yams and soy. There is much to be discovered about the potential benefits of synthetic DHEA supplementation. What’s certain is that DHEA is integral to the function of the adrenal gland which is also responsible for producing testosterone and estrogen. In fact, DHEA is considered a precursor to the formation of these crucial sex hormones.
The production of DHEA, testosterone, and estrogen all decline with advanced age. This decline is thought to be a factor in a number of health concerns which tend to arise with old age. While DHEA, similar to other hormonal supplements, has very poor bioavailability, it can be improved dramatically in formulations which are designed to bypass the digestive tract. This spray absorbs into the highly porous tissues of the mouth cavity where its contents are delivered directly to the blood. In addition, the DHEA in the formula is liposomally encapsulated to support penetration of the blood brain barrier, making this the most effective and bioavailable DHEA supplement on the market.
|Serving Size: 1 Pump (0.7 ml)
Servings Per Container: Approximately 85
|Amount Per Serving
|Stevia Leaf Extract
|Grapefruit Seed Extract
|Other Ingredients: Purified water, castor oil, polysorbate 60, natural flavors, benzyl alcohol, sorbitan stearate, potassium sorbate (as preservative), lecithin (soy), xanthan gum, and disodium EDTA (preservative). Contains soy.
Dosage and Use:
- Shake well before using
- Spray in mouth and mix with saliva for 20 seconds, then swallow
- Take one serving one to four times daily in divided doses or as directed by your healthcare practitioner
- This product is non-GMO, gluten free, and vegetarian.
- This product is produced in a facility that produces products containing wheat, soy, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, nuts, and tree nuts.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- Consult a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low “good” cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.