- Supports the breakdown of proteins in the stomach
- Aids in the production of stomach acid
- Helps improve the overall bioavailability of nutrients in food
The Role of Pepsin in the Digestive System
Pepsin is located in the stomach and is a major factor in the breakdown of proteins. Pepsin digests proteins for several hours before the partially digested food mix is slowly moved to the small intestine. The hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice converts pepsinogen into pepsin by cleaving off a stretch of amino acids called a peptide. Without an ample supply of pepsin, digestion will be labored and your body will have a harder time absorbing and utilizing the nutrients of your food.
Betaine Hydrochloride and the Digestive System
Betaine hydrochloride (or Betaine HCL) is a chemical compound used to support those with a deficiency in stomach acid production. Betaine HCL helps to increase the level of hydrochloric acid in the stomach in order to support proper digestion and assimilation of nutrients from food.
|Serving Size: 2 Tablets |
Servings Per Container: 135 (45)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Betaine HCl||1300 mg|
|Pepsin (porcine)||90 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Silicified microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable), cellulose, silica, magnesium stearate (vegetable), and coating (hypromellose, medium chain triglycerides , and hydroxypropylcellulose)|
|Formulated to Exclude: Wheat, gluten, corn protein, soy, dairy products, nuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, colors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives. This product is Gluten Free.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take two tablets with each meal or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Caution: If stomach discomfort occurs after administration, discontinue use and consult your healthcare practitioner. Do not use if there is a prior history of or a current peptic or duodenal ulcer.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.