The beneficial effects of genistein and other soy isoflavones have been shown in numerous published studies. These studies reveal that those who consume the most soy maintain healthier cell biological function and proliferation.9,13-18 Other constituents of soy have also demonstrated effects that help explain the health and longevity of Asian populations who consume a great deal of soy in their diet. In response to increasing evidence that other constituents of soy may provide significant cell-protective effects, a formulation has been developed that provides soy extract standardized to isoflavones plus fermented soybeans (Natto) that may provide additional benefits. Natto enhances isoflavone absorption and provides other nutrients contributed by the fermentation process.19,20 The enhanced absorption of genistein, daidzein, etc., may be significant enough that only one capsule of Super Absorbable Soy Isoflavones is required each day. The Novasoy® Soy used in this formula is produced by a yeast fermentation process. Japanese researchers have found that this type of cultured broth from yeast helps promote healthy cell function and proliferation.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Novasoy® Soy |
isoflavone concentrate [std. to 40% isoflavones (54 mg)]
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), ascorbyl palmitate, silica|
|Contains no genetically modified organisms.|
Novasoy and the Novasoy logo are registered trademarks of Archer- Daniels-Midland Company.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule once or twice daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Persons with estrogen dependent cancers should consult a healthcare professional before beginning a soy regimen.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. MedlinePlus: Soy
2. NCCAM: Soy
9. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2008 Feb;62(2):155-61 13. Nutr Cancer. 2008;60(5):568-76.
14. Br J Cancer. 2008 Jul 8;99(1):196-200.
15. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2007 Mar;77(2):130-41.
16. Lancet. 1991 May 18;337(8751):1197-200.
17. Japan J Cancer Res. 1995 Feb;86(2):146-54.
18. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003 Aug 6;95(15):1158-64.
19. Am J Clin Nutr. 1998 Dec;68(6 Suppl):1492S-1495S.
20. J Am Diet Assoc. 1995 May;95(5):545-51.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.