Cruciferous vegetables provide a number of unique and highly beneficial nutrient compounds, like I3C and DIM, which are essential to a healthy and well-balanced diet. Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract from Life Extension combines a variety of potent extracts and plant-based nutrients in an ideal supplement for those who wish to add these vegetables to their diet without the bitter flavor.
- Features extracts of broccoli, cabbage, watercress, cat’s claw, and rosemary
- High I3C and DIM content can be used to help balance hormonal levels already within a healthy range
- Antioxidant contents may protect and support the health of cells
- Aids in the production of vital liver detoxification enzymes
- May be a useful nutritional component in a detoxification regimen
Cruciferous Vegetables – Contents and Benefits
Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and di-indolyl-methane (DIM) are nutrient compounds which can be found in large quantities in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, watercress, and cabbage. Both of these compounds are commonly used to support a healthy hormonal balance, as well as the production of liver detoxification enzymes. However, all the vegetables which are a source of I3C and DIM share a similar bitter flavor that is undesirable to many people’s taste buds. For this reason, Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract from Life Extension was designed to provide active and bioavailable extracts of these vegetables and their most valuable nutrients without the bitter flavor.
In addition to I3C and DIM, extracts of broccoli, watercress, and rosemary provide glucosinolates, isothiocyanates, carnosic acid, and carnosol. These bioactive compounds are thought by many nutritional experts to have an impact on hormone metabolism. Apigenin, a powerful plant flavonoid, is also included in this formula because of its antioxidant properties which may support natural cell protection mechanisms. Meanwhile, cabbage extract is a natural source of benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) which may support healthy cell apoptosis.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Broccoli (Brassica oleracea l.) Super Concentrate Extract (plants and sprouts) [std. to 4% glucosinolates (16 mg)]
Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) 4:1 Extract (leaf)
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) Extract (leaves) [std. to 20% diterpenic compounds (10 mg), providing carnosic acid/carnosol]
Cat’s Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) Extract (bark)
Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) extract (leaf)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica, maltodextrin. Contains corn.
This product contains NO: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or rice. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Dosage and Use:
- One capsule daily for individuals weighing up to 160 pounds.
- Those weighing over 160 pounds, take two capsules daily.
- This product can be taken with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.