The ancient medicinal plant Coleus forskohlii is the source of the compound forskolin which possesses unique biological activity. The basic mechanism of action of forskolin is the activation of an enzyme, adenylate cyclase, which increases energy levels in cells.1 These enzymes are perhaps the most important cell-regulating compounds. Once formed they activate many other enzymes involved in diverse cellular functions.
|Serving Size: 1 capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Coleus forskohlii extract (root) [standardized to 10% forskolin (10 mg)]||100 mg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, vegetable stearate.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Seamon KB, Padgett W, Daly JW. Forskolin: unique diterpene activator of adenylate cyclase in membranes and in intact cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Jun;78(6):3363-7. (Full text online)
2. Effects of Coleus forskohlii on fat storage in ovariectomized rats.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.