Life Extension Buffered Vitamin C Powder contains four buffering minerals and is non-irritating to the stomach and intestinal lining. Vitamin C is a vitally important antioxidant which is needed to protect the body from free radicals and oxidative stress – two central factors in immune system damage and the aging process itself.
- Features 1000 mg of the highest quality vitamin C (ascorbic acid) per teaspoon of powder
- Contains essential minerals calcium, magnesium, zinc, and potassium
- Designed to support immune system health and antioxidant activity
- Buffered formula is non-irritating to the stomach and intestinal lining
- Highly bioavailable and effective as compared to capsule vitamin C
Vitamin C Benefits and Efficacy
The vast majority of vitamin C in the human body is contained in the adrenal glands where it is produced at particularly high levels during times of stress. Physical stresses, such as ingestion of heavy metals and other toxins, exposure to UV rays, and exposure to extreme temperatures, are the sources of oxidative damage and cellular degeneration. These stressors signal the need for increased production of vitamin C in the adrenal gland so that its antioxidant properties can be used to scavenge for free radicals and reduce oxidative stress at its source.
This potent and highly effective Vitamin C Powder from Life Extension contains four buffering minerals, in addition to the highest quality of ascorbic acid. When mixed with water, this product produces a reduced-acid solution that is non-irritating to the stomach and intestinal lining. The minerals also make it a more pleasant-tasting and healthful drink. The substances used in this product make it effervesce for a short while when it is mixed with water.
|Serving Size: 1 rounded teaspoon (approximately 5 g) |
Servings Per Container: approximately 90
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||4000 mg|
|Calcium (as calcium carbonate)||145 mg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium carbonate)||55 mg|
|Zinc (as zinc gluconate)||2 mg|
|Potassium (as potassium carbonate)||365 mg|
|Other Ingredients: none.|
Dosage and Use:
- Mix one teaspoon of Buffered Vitamin C Powder into a glass of water. Wait for the fizz to stop before consuming. The minerals buffer out the normally acidic vitamin C to make a pleasant tasting drink.
- To ensure product consistency store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Caution: Consuming high doses of this highly potent product can initially cause diarrhea, especially when taken on an empty stomach. Take with meals starting off low and gradually increasing the dose.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.