- Natural topical cream from extracts of the Boswellia serrata tree
- Boswellic acids are thought to nutritionally support anti-inflammatory activity
- Inflammation increases with age and may be a source of aches and discomfort
- Highly bioavailable topical cream can be directly applied to problematic spots on the body
- Contains vitamins A, C, and E
Boswellia Extract and Inflammation
Inflammation is a nearly inevitable process that causes degenerative effects across multiple bodily systems. It is also worth noting that inflammatory activity tends to accelerate with advanced age. One central cause of bodily inflammation is the increased production of cell-signaling chemicals known as pro-inflammatory cytokines. Along with these cytokines, hormone-like messengers called prostaglandins and leukotrienes may also contribute to inflammatory processes.
Boswella™ from Hervedics is an extract of the resin of the Boswellia serrata tree. This tree is native to India where it has long been used in nutritional health practices. Its nutritional properties are rooted in the presence of pentacyclic triterpene molecules known as boswellic acid. Boswellic acids are thought by many health experts to be effective at resisting the synthesis of pro-inflammatory 5-lipoxygenase products and may also mediate other inflammatory actions by inhibiting cyclooxygenases, preferentially COX-1.
Other Ingredients: Boswellia serrata, vitamins A, C, and E, aloe vera gel, liposome.
Dosage and Use:
- Adults and children ten years of age and older: Apply to affected area three to four times daily.
- Children under ten years of age: Do not use, consult a doctor.
- In order to be effective, this product must be applied three to four times daily. Application less frequently may not provide optimum relief. Initial relief is usually noted within one or two weeks. If condition does not improve in four weeks, discontinue use of this product.
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. If you are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition, consult your doctor before using this product. If prone to allergic reaction from aspirin, salicylates and/or capsaicin, consult a doctor before using. If condition worsens, or if symptoms persist for more than seven days or clear up and occur again within a few days, discontinue use of this product and consult a doctor. If redness is present, discontinue use and consult a doctor. Do not apply to wounds or damaged skin. Do not bandage tightly. Do not use with a heating pad (may blister skin).
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.