Pure Encapsulations Glucosamine and Chondroitin with MSM offers highly purified constituents for healthy cartilage formation and joint movement ease.
Sulfur-containing methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is included in this glucosamine and chondroitin combination to provide an enhanced spectrum of nutrients for optimal cartilage matrix composition, connective tissue strength, and joint comfort. Glucosamine promotes the synthesis of the glycosaminoglycan chondroitin sulfate. Chondroitin sulfate is responsible for building the ground substance of cartilage, molecules known as proteoglycans. In addition, chondroitin sulfate may maintain healthy enzyme activity. An important role of sulfur from MSM is to enhance the structure and integrity of proteoglycans.
Uses For Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM
Cartilage Composition: Glucosamine promotes the synthesis of the glycosaminoglycan chondroitin sulfate. Chondroitin sulfate is responsible for building the ground substance of cartilage, molecules known as proteogly-cans. Studies have indicated that glucosamine HCl has the ability to support healthy cartilage integrity, in part by maintaining healthy matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) enzyme activity. In addition, an important role of sulfur from MSM is to enhance the structure and integrity of proteoglycans.
Joint Motility and Function: Several studies indicate that the combination of glucosamine HCl and chondroitin sulfate has positive effects on joint mobility and comfort. Additionally, a recent randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial revealed that MSM also promotes joint comfort and function.
|Serving Size: 1 capsule |
Servings Per Container: 360 (240, 120, 60)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Glucosamine HCl (crab, shrimp)||300 mg|
|Chondroitin sulfate (bovine)||300 mg|
|MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)||300 mg|
|Ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)||5 mg|
OptiMSM is a registered trademark of Cardinal Nutrition.
Dosage and Use:
- 3 capsules per day, in divided doses, with meals.
Caution:This product may be contra-indicated with certain blood thinning medications. Consult your physician for more information. In rare cases, ingredients in this formula have caused mild gastrointestinal symptoms, such as abdominal bloating, diarrhea or nausea.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Glucosamine sulfate in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis symptoms: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study using acetaminophen as a side comparator.
2. The clinical effectiveness of glucosamine and chondroitin supplements in slowing or arresting progression of osteoarthritis of the knee: a systematic review and economic evaluation.
3. MedlinePlus: Glucosamine sulfate
4. Glucosamine but not ibuprofen alters cartilage turnover in osteoarthritis patients in response to physical training.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.