Methylcobalamin is an activated, highly bioavailable form of vitamin B12 that has demonstrated an enhanced ability to support neurological function. This form of vitamin B12 promotes protein synthesis for maintaining healthy nerve cells and myelin. Methylcobalamin may also help to moderate levels of glutamate in the brain, encouraging healthy brain cell activity, as well as memory, mood, and cognitive function. Vitamin B12 works with folate to promote DNA and red blood cell health. Additionally, vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for energy metabolism and a vital component of the methionine synthase pathway, which supports healthy homocysteine metabolism and S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) production.
Recent research has indicated that methylcobalamin, the active form of vitamin B12, supports neurological function and nerve cell health. In studies, methylcobalamin has demonstrated the potential to support healthy cognitive and nerve function as well as memory and emotional well–being. Vitamin B12 is also an important cofactor for energy production and plays a role in immune system health and healthy homocysteine metabolism.
Pure Encapsulations methylcobalamin is produced from corn dextrose fermentation. It has a naturally occurring red color that does not result from the use of artificial dyes or colors.
|Serving Size: 1 ml (0.03 fl oz) (one full dropper) |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B12 (formulated with methylcobalamin)||5,000 mcg|
|Other Ingredients: Purified water, apple juice concentrate, natural vegetable glycerin, citric acid, black currant juice, purified stevia extract, potassium sorbate|
Dosage and Use:
- 1/2–1 dropper, as directed by a health professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Randomized controlled trial of the effect of short-term coadministration of methylcobalamin and folate on serum ADMA concentration in patients receiving long-term hemodialysis.
2. Efficacy of methylcobalamin on lowering total homocysteine plasma concentrations in haemodialysis patients receiving high-dose folic acid supplementation.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.