- 150 mg of sunflower lecithin-based Phosphatidylserine per softgel.
- Designed for targeted nutritional support of brain and nervous cell membranes.
- May provide benefits for certain aspects of cognitive function like memory and focus.
- Free of soy, gluten, and GMOs.
- 60 single-softgel servings per container.
What is a ‘Phospholipid’ & Why Do They Matter?
Lipids are a particular type of molecule which are best defined by their resistance to dissolving in water. All fatty acids are classified as lipids, as well as waxes and fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E, and K). As such, it’s no surprise that lipids are a crucial facet of human biochemistry and dietary requirements.
Phospholipids are distinguished from other lipids by their prevalence in cell membranes. Along with cholesterol, phospholipids form the basis of the lipid bilayer which gives cells their stability and membrane fluidity. While these molecules are inherently present in the human body, they can also be obtained in their various forms from a number of dietary sources.
Why Choose Phosphatidylserine?
One phospholipid which is particularly important in brain and nervous cell membranes is known as Phosphatidylserine, or simply as PS. While it can be found in vegetables like cabbage and soy, the most ideal source of PS, and the one used in this supplement, is sunflower lecithin.
There is an extremely wide body of scientific research on the exact effects that endogenous and exogenous Phosphatidylserine has on the human brain and nervous system. Thankfully, a 2015 clinical review endeavored to condense and evaluate this body of 127 articles! Their conclusions are highly promising for the future of supplemental PS.
According to the review, supplemental Phosphatidylserine is “absorbed efficiently in humans, crosses the blood-brain barrier, and safely slows, halts, or reverses biochemical alterations and structural deterioration in nerve cells.”
In addition, the review concluded that Phosphatidylserine may provide support for cognitive functions like long and short-term memory, as well as focus, language skills, and more.1*
Caution: May be associated with mild gastrointestinal distress or temporary insomnia.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.