- Tested for contaminants by a leading third-party lab
- Produced in a Norwegian pharmaceutical-licensed facility
- Stabilized with natural antioxidants to maintain freshness
- Enteric-coated softgels reduce the likelihood of repeating (burp up) in susceptible individuals
- Supports healthy blood lipids and cardiovascular health.
- Provides a healthy balance of omega-3s to promote overall health.
- Higher intakes of EPA and DHA are associated with a positive mood.
- Produced in a Norwegian pharmaceutical-licensed facility.
- Tested for contaminants by a leading third-party lab.
- Stabilized with natural antioxidants to maintain freshness.
How do I know that Metagenics marine oil is high quality?
Metagenics unconditionally guarantees the quality and purity of our concentrated EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) formulas made with marine oil. Each formula contains only the highest quality, purity-certified omega-3 fatty acids that meet or exceed label claim (milligram, not just area percent). These formulas are also enhanced with antioxidants to aid product stability.
The exceptional manufacturing and purification technology for our marine oils produces a product that exceeds the highest quality standards available for fish oil. It also exceeds the quality criteria for the Council for Responsible Nutrition’s Omega-3 Monograph (the industry’s current voluntary standard for purity). Our dedication to every detail and exhaustive testing includes:
- In-house and third-party (independent) testing of raw materials (marine oil) for heavy metals and other harmful contaminants
- In-house and third-party testing of EPA/DHA content of final product
- In-house testing for yeasts, molds, and harmful bacteria
- In-house testing for disintegration time and shelf stability
Do you conduct third-party (independent) testing for verifying marine oil purity?
EVERY batch of our marine oil concentrates is assayed by one of the top independent testing labs in the world and currently the world market leader in testing for dioxins. Testing every batch of concentrated oil prior to bottling or encapsulation is highly unusual and Metagenics may be the only professional nutraceutical company to practice this added safety measure. Checks for numerous contaminants are conducted including:
- 220 pesticides
- 6 heavy metals
- 7 markers of PCBs
- 15 dioxins & furans
- 12 dioxin-like PCBs
Does Metagenics fish oil contain mercury or other contaminants?
We use fish oil from fresh, clean, deep-sea, wild-caught, cold-water fish with lower risk of contamination. In addition, our purity-certified fish oils undergo a proprietary refinement process to remove heavy metals and other environmental pollutants. An advanced molecular distillation process of every batch ensures the highest purity and batch consistency. And every batch is thoroughly tested for impurities at every step, from raw material to packaging. Our dedication to exhaustive third-party and in-house testing enable us to make the following guarantees:
- Mercury – less than 5 ppb (below detection limit)
- Lead – less than 20 ppb (below detection limit)
- Dioxins and Furans TEQ – less than 0.5 ppt
- PCBs TEQ – less than 1 ppt
- Also tested for yeasts, molds, and bacteria
Is the Metagenics marine oil pharmaceutical grade, ultra pure, and/or ultra refined?
There is no unified definition for these terms. To date, the only internationally recognized, minimal quality standards are based on the EU CRN monograph. “Pharmaceutical grade” is a marketing term often used to imply a higher standard of purity. While there are pharmaceutical grades established for some chemicals, there is no such grade for marine oils. However, our fish oils are produced in Norway and the manufacturing plant is licensed for pharmaceuticals by the Norwegian Medicines Agency, Norway’s equivalent to the Food and Drug Administration. (There are only 3 pharmaceutical licensed omega-3 manufacturing facilities in the world.) Under the accepted market definitions, Metagenics offers “ultra pure” and “ultra refined” marine oil formulas that meet a higher standard of quality.
Serving Size: 2 Enteric Coated Softgels
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat
less than 5 mg
Natural Marine Lipid Concentrate
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid)
DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid)
Other Ingredients: Natural marine lipid concentrate [fish (sardine, anchovy, herring)], gelatin, glycerin, enteric coating (contains vanillin), purified water, natural lemon flavor, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, and ascorbyl palmitate. Contains: fish (sardine, anchovy, herring).
Dosage and Use:
- Take two softgels up to three times daily with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Note: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- If taking medication, including blood thinning medications, consult your healthcare practitioner before use
- Do not use before surgery
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- Do not use before surgery.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.