- Supports the health of estrogen-sensitive tissues by promoting the formation of the beneficial estrogen metabolite, 2-hydroxyestrone.
- Supports the detoxification of estrogens, other steroid hormones, and xenoestrogens by enhancing the activity of enzymes involved in their metabolism and excretion.
- May be especially beneficial for women with estrogen-related health concerns.
- Specially combined with rosemary extract to reduce oxidation and packaged with a desiccant to reduce moisture—measures that help to ensure potency.
- Aids in the suppression of free-radical production.
Why Add I3C to you Diet?
Metagenics Meta I-3-C is a unique, highly stabilized formula designed to promote healthy estrogen metabolism and activity with indole-3-carbinol (I3C), which provides a full spectrum of beneficial metabolites – including diindolylmethane (DIM). Indole-3-carbinol is a substance found in vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, collards, cauliflower, kale, mustard greens, turnips, and rutabagas. Many scientist suspect that I3C is a central reason why people with more vegetables in their diet tend to be less susceptible to a number of serious health conditions.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule |
Servings Per Container: 180
|Amount Per Serving|
|Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) Leaf Extract [standardized to 11% min phenolic diterpenes and 7.6% min sum of carnosol+carnosic acid]||50 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), maltodextrin, magnesium stearate (vegetable), and silica|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule twice daily with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women
- If taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Indole-3-Carbinol disrupts Estrogen Receptor-alpha dependent expression of Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 Receptor and Insulin Receptor Substrate-1 and proliferation of human breast cancer cells.
2. Molecular targets and anticancer potential of indole-3-carbinol and its derivatives.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.