Metagenics EPA-DHA 720 provides 720 mg of omega-3 essential fatty acids from cold-water fish per softgel. Supports healthy blood lipids, positive mood and overall health. In-house and third-party (independent) testing to ensure highest quality available. This product is Gluten Free.
- Supplies high levels of EPA and DHA, which have been shown to support healthy function in body systems including cardiovascular, immune, gastrointestinal, and musculoskeletal. Omega-3 fatty acids such as EPA and DHA are vital for healthy nervous system function.
- Features a unique antioxidant blend of vitamin E, ascorbyl palmitate, and rosemary to stabilize the oil for maximum freshness.
- Supports healthy blood lipids.
- Provides a healthy balance of omega-3s to promote overall health.
- Higher intakes of EPA and DHA are associated with a positive mood.
How do I know that Metagenics marine oil is high quality?
Metagenics unconditionally guarantees the quality and purity of our concentrated EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) formulas made with marine oil. Each formula contains only the highest quality, purity-certified omega-3 fatty acids that meet or exceed label claim (milligram, not just area percent). These formulas are also enhanced with antioxidants to aid product stability.
The exceptional manufacturing and purification technology for our marine oils produces a product that exceeds the highest quality standards available for fish oil. It also exceeds the quality criteria for the Council for Responsible Nutrition’s Omega-3 Monograph (the industry’s current voluntary standard for purity). Our dedication to every detail and exhaustive testing includes:
- In-house and third-party (independent) testing of raw materials (marine oil) for heavy metals and other harmful contaminants
- In-house and third-party testing of EPA/DHA content of final product
- In-house testing for yeasts, molds, and harmful bacteria
- In-house testing for disintegration time and shelf stability
Do you conduct third-party (independent) testing for verifying marine oil purity?
EVERY batch of our marine oil concentrates is assayed by one of the top independent testing labs in the world and currently the world market leader in testing for dioxins. Testing every batch of concentrated oil prior to bottling or encapsulation is highly unusual and Metagenics may be the only professional nutraceutical company to practice this added safety measure. Checks for numerous contaminants are conducted including:
- 220 pesticides
- 6 heavy metals
- 7 markers of PCBs
- 15 dioxins & furans
- 12 dioxin-like PCBs
Does Metagenics fish oil contain mercury or other contaminants?
We use fish oil from fresh, clean, deep-sea, wild-caught, cold-water fish with lower risk of contamination. In addition, our purity-certified fish oils undergo a proprietary refinement process to remove heavy metals and other environmental pollutants. An advanced molecular distillation process of every batch ensures the highest purity and batch consistency. And every batch is thoroughly tested for impurities at every step, from raw material to packaging. Our dedication to exhaustive third-party and in-house testing enable us to make the following guarantees:
- Mercury – less than 5 ppb (below detection limit)
- Lead – less than 20 ppb (below detection limit)
- Dioxins and Furans TEQ – less than 0.5 ppt
- PCBs TEQ – less than 1 ppt
- Also tested for yeasts, molds, and bacteria
Is the Metagenics marine oil pharmaceutical grade, ultra pure, and/or ultra refined?
There is no unified definition for these terms. To date, the only internationally recognized, minimal quality standards are based on the EU CRN monograph. “Pharmaceutical grade” is a marketing term often used to imply a higher standard of purity. While there are pharmaceutical grades established for some chemicals, there is no such grade for marine oils. However, our fish oils are produced in Norway and the manufacturing plant is licensed for pharmaceuticals by the Norwegian Medicines Agency, Norway’s equivalent to the Food and Drug Administration. (There are only 3 pharmaceutical licensed omega-3 manufacturing facilities in the world.) Under the accepted market definitions, Metagenics offers “ultra pure” and “ultra refined” marine oil formulas that meet a higher standard of quality.
- If taking medication, including blood thinning medications, consult your healthcare practitioner before use
- Do not use before surgery
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.