It’s important to maintain healthy homocysteine levels. Difficulties with homocysteine metabolism can cause serious heart health concerns. B vitamins have been shown to support homocysteine metabolism and have a significant impact on general heart health. Glycogenics from Metagenics contains multiple varieties of B complex vitamins.
- Contains folate, vitamin b6, vitamin b12 and many other varieties of B complex vitamins
- Also contains vitamin C, Pantothenic Acid, Choline, Inositol, and para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA)
- Nutritionally supports healthy homocysteine metabolism
- Supports cardiovascular health, brain health, and a more well-rounded nutrient profile in the body
- Tablet form is a more convenient alternative to capsules
Homocysteine Metabolism, B Vitamins, and Heart Health
Homocysteine is a sulfur based amino acid which is broken down and biosynthesized from proteins and other amino acids in the body. It plays a number of important roles in the cardiovascular and circulatory systems. However, excessive concentrations of homocysteine are thought to be harmful to one’s overall heart health and may require counteraction. Dysfunctions in homocysteine metabolism – the process by which homocysteine is broken down and eliminated from the body – can be a central factor in a number of serious heart health concerns.
B vitamins – particularly folate, vitamin b6, and vitamin b12 – have been shown to help the body limit homocysteine concentrations by providing nutritional support to homocysteine metabolism. While Glycogenics from Metagenics is designed for support of healthy homocysteine levels, the numerous B complex vitamins it contains may also be supportive of brain health, digestive health, and of a balanced and well-rounded nutrient profile in the body.
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container: 60 (180)
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)
Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate)
Niacin (as niacinamide and niacin)
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI)
Folate (as folic acid and L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate†)
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)
Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)
para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA)
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silica, magnesium stearate, and coating (deionized water, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, and carrageenan).
†As Metafolin® U.S. Patent Nos. 5,997,915; 6,254,904.60
Dosage and Use:
- Take one tablet twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- This product is non-GMO, gluten free, and vegetarian.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.