Scientists have known for years that certain biological components of whey protein (including lactoferrin, beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptide, and immunoglobulins) have a beneficial impact on the immune system. Recently, Life Extension developed a specially designed whey protein, using proprietary production methodology, that has been shown to support healthy immune function, protect against free radical attack, and help maintain lean muscle mass.24,34-37
Using a low temperature microfiltration technique, it is possible to produce a high-quality, 98% undenatured whey protein isolate that acts as a powerful immune stimulant and retains all the important sub-fractions, such as lactoferrin, a strong antioxidant with immune-stimulating properties.24-26 Life Extension offers whey protein powders in four flavors that contain added lactoferrin.
Utilizing whey protein as a meal replacement provides critical proteins without the carbohydrates and fats that may contribute to unwanted weight gain.
|Typical Amino Acid Profile |
(Approximate g per serving):
|Aspartic Acid||1.96 g|
|Glutamic Acid||2.68 g|
|Serving Size: 1 level scoop (20 grams) |
Servings Per Container: about 23
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat
|Total Fat |
|0.5 g |
|Cholesterol||< 5 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate |
|< 1 g |
|Other Ingredients: Provon® 292 rBST free whey protein isolate, cocoa, maltodextrin, sunflower oil powder, guar gum, sunflower lecithin, silica, xanthan gum, stevia extract, rice starch, natural chocolate flavor, modified food starch.|
Provon® are registered trademarks of Glanbia Nutritionals, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Mix one level scoop in approximately 4 to 8 ounces of water, milk or juice (to taste), once or twice daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product mixes best in room temperature liquid.
- Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
24. J Hematol Oncol. 2009 Jun 10;2:25.
25. Int Immunopharmacol. 2004 Jun;4(6):721-30.
26. Biomed Pharmacother. 2008 Jun;62(5):283-8.
34. Nutrition. 2003 Jun;19(6):549-52.
35. Dig Dis Sci. 2002 Aug;47(8):1697-704.
36. Clin Ter. 2001 Jan-Feb;152(1):21-5.
37. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2006 Oct;50(10):971-6.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.