Calcium D-Glucarate is a vital nutrient that can only be found in certain fruits and vegetables. It is thought to support the body’s natural cleansing and detoxification systems, glucoronidation in particular. Life Extension Calcium D-Glucarate supplements may also inhibit the production of beta-glucuronidase, an enzyme which is heavily involved in phase II liver detoxification and has the potential to cause hormone imbalances.
- Features 200 mg of high quality calcium D-glucarate
- Designed to support a variety of natural detoxification processes in the body
- May support liver health and balanced hormone levels already within a standard range
- Calcium content also supports strong and healthy bones
- Vegetarian friendly capsule is also highly effective at nutrient delivery
Benefits and Effects of D-glucarate Supplementation on Detoxification
D-glucarate is a valuable nutrient which can be obtained from food sources like grapefruit, apples, oranges, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. D-glucarate supports multiple bodily cleansing systems, including a detoxification mechanism called glucuronidation. Glucoronidation makes certain toxic substances water soluble, allowing for easier elimination via the urinary tract.
Oral supplementation of D-glucarate has also been shown to inhibit beta-glucuronidase, an enzyme produced by colonic microflora. While it is a necessary component in Phase II liver detoxification, excessive beta-glucuronidase concentrations can be extremely harmful to the body if left unchecked. In particular, raised levels of beta-glucuronidase may be associated with an increased risk of hormone imbalances which can be a factor in many serious health concerns.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calcium (from Calcium D-Glucarate)||24 mg|
|Calcium D-Glucarate||200 mg|
|Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), stearic acid, silica.|
The use of Calcium D-Glucarate is licensed from Applied Food Sciences, LLC under U.S. Patent No. 5,561,160.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.