Cruciferous vegetables provide a number of unique and highly beneficial nutrient compounds, like I3C and DIM, which are essential to a healthy and well-balanced diet. Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol from Life Extension combines a variety of cruciferous vegetables, and plant-based antioxidants like resveratrol and apigenin.
- A blend of potent extracts from broccoli, cabbage, watercress, cat’s claw, and rosemary
- Features 20 mg of resveratrol for additional antioxidant support of heart health and more
- High I3C and DIM content can be used to help balance hormonal levels already within a healthy range
- Antioxidant contents may protect and support the health of cells
- Aids in the production of vital liver detoxification enzymes
- May be a useful nutritional component in a detoxification regimen
Cruciferous Vegetables – DIM, I3C, and More
Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and di-indolyl-methane (DIM) are highly nutritious compounds which can be found in large quantities in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, watercress, and cabbage. These food sources all share a common bitter taste, and are often lacking in the average person’s diet. This is a shame, because DIM and I3C are exceptionally valuable nutrients. They are most often used to aid in the maintenance of a healthy hormonal balance. It is less well known that they provide significant aid to the production of liver detoxification enzymes.
While I3C and DIM are the main nutritional features of cruciferous vegetables, extracts of broccoli, watercress, and rosemary also provide glucosinolates, isothiocyanates, carnosic acid, and carnosol. These bioactive compounds are thought by many nutritional experts to have an impact on hormone metabolism. In addition, cabbage extract is a natural source of benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) which may support healthy cell apoptosis.
Antioxidant Flavonoids and Added Resveratrol
The original Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract also contains quantities of Apigenin – a natural, plant-based flavonoid compound with substantial antioxidant properties. Now Life Extension offers the same formulation with added resveratrol for additional antioxidant support.
Though resveratrol is not technically considered to be a flavonoid, it is a closely-related polyphenol with similar antioxidant properties. It is so similar that resveratrol is sometimes referred to as a nonflavanoid. Resveratrol is found in high concentrations in grapes. As such it is thought to be the primary reason behind red wine’s heart health benefits.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Broccoli (Brassica oleracea l.) Super Concentrate Extract (plants and sprouts) [std. to 4% glucosinolates (16 mg)]||400 mg|
|Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C)||80 mg|
|Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) 4:1 Extract (leaf)||50 mg|
|Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) Extract (leaves) [std. to 20% diterpenic compounds (10 mg), providing carnosic acid/carnosol]||50 mg|
|Cat’s Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) Extract (bark)||50 mg|
|Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) extract (leaf)||25 mg|
|Trans-resveratrol [from Polygonum cuspidatum (root) and whole red grape (Vitis vinifera) extracts] [also supplying glycosides (polydatin)]||20 mg|
|DIM (Di-indolyl-methane)||14 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica, maltodextrin, silica.|
|This product contains NO: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or rice. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.|
Dosage and Use:
- One capsule daily for individuals weighing up to 160 pounds.
- Those weighing over 160 pounds, take two capsules daily.
- This product can be taken with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.