Life Extension Homocysteine Resist is a premium blend of B-complex vitamins designed to support cardiovascular and neurological health. It contains a combination of B6, B12, and Folate – a powerful trio which has been shown to support balanced homocysteine levels. Also contains vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) for energy production support. Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly!
- Contains vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and Folate for Homocysteine support.
- Excessively high homocysteine levels are often correlated with a number of serious heart health concerns.
- Supports numerous aspects of cognitive function and energy production.
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Homocysteine, B Vitamins, and Heart Health
Homocysteine is an amino acid which is found in the blood. It is naturally produced in the body often at accelerated rates following the consumption of red meats. Excessively high homocysteine levels have been linked to a number of serious heart health concerns, as well as with brain atrophy.1
Supplementation of B complex vitamins – B6, B12, and Folate in particular – has displayed tremendous potential for lowering homocysteine levels in a number of recipients.2 Many of these B vitamins are found exclusively in meat and other animal products, so supplementation is particularly important for vegetarians and vegans. That’s why these all-natural capsules are completely vegetarian and vegan friendly.
B Vitamins and Brain Health
B complex vitamins have long been linked to the health and function of the brain, and not just because of their impact on homocysteine levels. The crucial factor behind the brain health support of B vitamins is their ability to support cellular function, working as coenzymes in multiple catabolic and enzymatic reactions.3
In addition to this, studies have shown that Americans are commonly deficient in multiple varieties of B complex vitamins. A deficiency in any given B complex vitamin could have dramatic implications on one’s overall brain health and cognitive functionality. Symptoms of B complex deficiencies include low energy, irritability, muscle pains, a tingling sensation in the hands or feet, and difficulties with mood regulation.4
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Riboflavin (vitamin B2)
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxyl 5’-phosphate)
Folate (as L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate calcium salt)
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), stearic acid, silica, rice extract blend.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one (1) capsule daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product is non-GMO and vegetarian.
- Do not use this product if treated with methotrexate, fluorouracil, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone, or levodopa prior to consultation with your healthcare provider.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.