Scientists have known for years that certain biological components of whey protein (including lactoferrin, beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptide, and immunoglobulins) have a beneficial impact on the immune system. Life Extension offers a specially designed whey protein isolate, using proprietary production methodology, that has been shown to support healthy immune function, protect against free radical attack, and help maintain lean muscle mass.1-5 Using a cross flow microfiltration technique, it is possible to produce a high-quality, 98% undenatured whey protein isolate that acts as an immune stimulant and retains all the important subfractions, such as lactoferrin, a strong antioxidant with immune-stimulating properties.6-7
- contains a high concentration of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) leucine, isoleucine and valine, which play an important role in maintaining healthy muscle function
- is rich in sulfur-containing amino acids cysteine and methionine, which support a healthy immune response through intracellular conversion to glutathione
- provides potent antioxidant activity
- supports healthy cardiovascular function by maintaining healthy blood pressure and lipid levels that are already within a normal range
- promotes protein synthesis and muscle growth
|Typical Amino Acid Profile |
(Approximate g per serving):
|Aspartic Acid||1.96 g|
|Glutamic Acid||2.68 g|
|Serving Size: 1 level scoop (20 grams) |
Servings Per Container: about 20
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat
|Total Fat |
|0 g |
|Cholesterol||< 5 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate |
|< 1 g |
|Other Ingredients: Provon® 292 rBST free whey protein isolate, maltodextrin, sodium chloride, arabic gum, natural vanilla and caramel flavors, soy lecithin, stevia extract, rice starch, modified food starch.|
Provon® is a registered trademark of Glanbia Nutritionals, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Mix one level scoop in approximately 4 to 8 ounces of water, milk or juice (to taste), once daily or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product mixes best in room temperature liquid.
- Use this product as a food supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction.
- Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
This product contains whey protein isolate from cows not treated with growth hormone (rBST). The whey protein isolate is made using a process known as Cross Flow Microfiltration, which produces an isolate that is 90% protein, 98% of it in the bioavailable undenatured form, and retains all important subfractions in their natural ratios.
Allergy Warning: Contains milk.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Med Res Rev. 2011 Dec 1. doi: 10.1002/med.20255.
2. Rehabilitation (Stuttg). 2011 Aug;50(4):255-65
3. J Sports Sci. 2011 Mar;29(6):579-86.
4. Arch Intern Med. 2010 Nov 8;170(20):1794-803.
5. Atherosclerosis. 2010 Dec;213(2):552-7.
6. Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova. 2011 Jul;97(7):708-17.
7. J Neurosci Res. 2012 Feb;90(2):435-46. doi: 10.1002/jnr.22762.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.