Benefits of FlorAssist® Oral Hygiene
- Helps prevent the growth of bad bacteria in the mouth
- Creates a healthy environment in the oral cavity
- Reduces oral inflammation
- Protects cells
- Prevents bad bacteria in the mouth from colonizing the rest of the body
Regular brushing and flossing is often not enough to achieve optimal oral health. Since the mouth is the major gateway to the body, maintaining good oral hygiene is important for overall health.1
The human mouth is teeming with bacteria. Brushing, flossing, and traditional dental care often aren’t enough to escape the health risks of too much of the wrong kind of bacteria. With oral probiotics, we may be able to prevent or at least control the growth of these dangerous organisms where they originate.
Researchers have developed an innovative approach to achieving maximum oral health. The beneficial bacteria in FlorAssist® Oral Hygiene helps inhibit harmful bacteria that develop in the mouth and can affect the health of your teeth and gums.2 FlorAssist® Oral Hygiene complements any oral care program.
FlorAssist® Oral Hygiene contains the beneficial, clinically-researched probiotic strain — S. salivarius BLIS M18™.
FlorAssist® Oral Hygiene provides healthy bacteria that colonize the mouth and inhibit the growth of problematic mouth bacteria.3-5 This helps create a healthy environment in the oral cavity. BLIS M18™ (Streptococcus salivarius) organisms naturally survive in human tissue, maximizing their health-promoting potential and providing help with the regulation of inflammation and cell destruction caused by dangerous germs that originate in the mouth.
Because FlorAssist® Oral Hygiene comes in lozenge form, it quickly provides healthy, targeted probiotics to the oral cavity.
Poor Oral Health Is Associated With Risk Factors Throughout The Entire Body
Inflammation in the mouth can translate to poor health in other parts of the body.6-7 Traditionally, poor mouth conditions have a tendency to become chronic, producing a steady elevation of inflammation in other parts of the body that receive high blood flow – thereby “seeding” the entire system with circulating “cytokines.” These cytokines, or “chemical messengers,” produce inflammatory responses in tissues far distant from the mouth, and affect cellular behavior critical to the immune system’s defense. When cytokine levels continue to increase, the occurrence of even more acute inflammation can also increase.
FlorAssist® Oral Hygiene can offer relief and modulate the body’s inflammatory response, making these “good” microorganisms found in the BLIS M18™ strain the ideal candidates for easing inflammatory conditions in the body.
Live Life Longer and Healthier
In combination with a rigorous oral hygiene regimen, FlorAssist® Oral Hygiene provides the body with beneficial bacteria to naturally help protect the immune system and prevent harmful bacteria from colonizing throughout the body.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian lozenge |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|BLIS M18™ S. salivarius M18 (providing 2 billion CFU)||10 mg|
|Immuno-LP20® (HT§ L. plantarum L-137 )||50 mg|
|Other Ingredients: xylitol, mannitol, dextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silica, croscarmellose sodium, natural spearmint and cherry flavors, modified food starch, gum arabic.|
BLIS™ and BLIS M18™ are trademarks of Blis Technologies Limited and the subject of USA patent no. 7226590.
Dosage and Use:
- Dissolve one lozenge in mouth daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. For best results, use after your oral hygiene program.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Probiotics and Oral Health
2. Nat Rev Immunol. 2015 Jan;15(1):30-44.
3. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 2009 Apr;24(2):152-61.
4. Ganeden. Data on file. 2009.
5. J Med Microbiol. 2013 Jun;62(Pt 6):875-84.
6. Benef Microbes. 2011 Jun;2(2):93-101.
7. I ADR/AADR/CADR 89th General Session and Exhibition, 16–19 March 2011, San Diego, CA, USA. Paper no. 150126.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.