The anatomy of the female urinary tract differs greatly from men, resulting in the need for additional nutritional support for women. A wealth of published studies indicates that cranberry polyphenols may help to support a healthy urinary tract.73-77
Cranberries have been known for decades to promote a healthy urinary tract. Clinical research demonstrates that cranberries’ proanthocyanidins are powerful antioxidants that can reduce oxidative stress.83 A double-blind comparison study confirms that Cran-Max® helps support a healthy urinary tract.84 Each Life Extension Cran-Max® capsule contains 500 mg of cranberry concentrate to promote urinary tract health.85-96 Each Cran-Max® capsule also contains:
- The synergistic, complete spectrum activity of the entire cranberry whole fruit
- A unique delivery system that protects its cranberry constituents from degradation
Cran-Max® contains concentrated cranberry made from the complete cranberry using a unique, patent-pending process. No sugar is added. Each capsule of Cran-Max® contains powerful polyphenols, organic acids, and antioxidants, providing the same benefits as drinking cranberry juice cocktail, but without the calories. An advantage of Life Extension’s Cran-Max® is that it only requires once a day dosing!
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) infused whole fruit
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, silica, vegetable stearate.
This product contains NO: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Cran-Max® is a registered trademark of BDM Biotechnologies, LLC.
Bio-Shield® is a registered trademark of Bio-Nutra Technologies, LLC.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Phytochemical, pharmacological and toxicological aspects of Hibiscus sabdariffa L.: a review.
2. Vaccinium macrocarpon: an interesting option for women with recurrent urinary tract infections and other health benefits.
3. NCCAM: Cranberry
4. NIH: Cranberry
73. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(2):CD001321.
74. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007 Jun;51(6):732-7.
75. Evid Based Med. 2008 Aug;13(4):105.
76. Phytomedicine. 2008 Sep;15(9):653-67.
77. Phytomedicine. 2007;14(4):237-41.
83. J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Apr 18;55(8):3217-24
84. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):389-95.
85. Can J Urol. 2002 Jun;9(3):1558-62.
86. J Agric Food Chem. 2011 Nov 18. [Epub ahead of print]
87. J Med Food. 2011 Nov 14. [Epub ahead of print]
88. Clin Geriatr Med. 2011 May;27(2):229-39.
89. J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2011 Mar;23(3):127-34.
90. J Infect Chemother. 2011 Jun;17(3):322-6.
91. Arch Esp Urol. 2010 Jul-Aug;63(6):422-30.
92. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2010 Sep;44 Suppl 1:S61-2.
93. Nurs Times. 2005 Nov 22-28;101(47):38-40
94. J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Nov 16;53(23):8940-7.
95. Phytochemistry. 2005 Sep;66(18):2281-91.
96. J Fam Pract. 1997 Aug;45(2):167-8.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.