- 200 mg of potent and highly effective ascorbyl palmitate
- Thought by many to be a more effective and bioavailable form of vitamin C
- As a fat-soluble ester, it may be beneficial to take with a fat-rich meal
- Provides antioxidant, immune health, and cardiovascular support benefits
- Particularly effective in supporting healthy and youthful skin
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly
Ascorbyl Palmitate v.s. Ascorbic Acid
Ascorbyl palmitate (AP) is a chemical compound which is derived from ascorbic acid and palmitic acid. This creates a fat-soluble ester form of vitamin C that is capable of withstanding digestive processes and reaching tissue areas that ascorbic acid cannot. It has even been shown to have beneficial effects on the protection of lipids from peroxidation. The lipophilic AP is able to cross biological barriers and satisfies the tissue demand for ascorbate better than the hydrophilic form. AP should be considered as the preferred form of transport of ascorbate past the blood brain barrier and into neural tissues.
Due to its potential for vastly superior bioavailability, ascorbyl palmitate is thought to be a great choice for vitamin C supplementation. As such, it features all of the same antioxidant, immune health, and cardiovascular support of standard vitamin C. In addition to this, ascorbyl palmitate is thought to be particularly effective for supporting healthy skin and fighting the effects of aging on the skin, such as sagging and wrinkling.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 100
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (from 500 mg ascorbyl palmitate)||200 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.