Benefits of Cat Mix
- Provides all the essential vitamins and nutrients for feline health
- Supports cat’s carnivorous diet
- Contains amino acids and antioxidants
- Supplements pet foods for complete nutrition
- Comes in an easy to give powder form, just mix into your cat’s food
Many commercial pet foods do not contain needed vitamins, phytonutrients, amino acids, and antioxidants found in Life Extension Cat Mix. It contains the same high quality, premium grade nutrients found in Life Extension’s human products but specifically formulated for feline health.
Animals have unique physiological and structural systems and, therefore, need specific food and nutrients to remain in optimal health. Household pets are considered family members who require special attention. Filling the need to provide them the best, the pet food industry has grown tremendously over the years. But you have to wonder if you are getting the best nutrients for your cat from pet foods alone.
Cats have been domesticated since early times to catch rats and mice. Today, they are primarily household pets that, like dogs, require special attention when it comes to nutrition and care. Cats are carnivorous. But unlike dogs that can eat some plant-based foods, cats need animal protein to survive. Nutrients like taurine and arginine are important to a cat’s health,4-7 and without them cats could die. Taurine, for cats, is a must for heart, kidney, and eye health.8-11 Arginine detoxifies ammonia in cats’ kidneys and is also important for heart and pancreatic function and keeping the gut healthy.12-15 Arachidonic acid is an essential fatty acid for cats, since cats cannot convert significant quantities of linoleate to arachidonate.16 And, just like humans, cats need B vitamins to support the cardiovascular system.17 Cats also have problems metabolizing certain amino acids from other nutrients, like the conversion of niacin from tryptophan, or vitamin A from beta carotene. For that reason cats have more stringent nutritional requirements than such omnivores as dogs and humans.7
So how can you be sure that you are giving your pet the best nutrition? Besides high-quality commercial foods that are nutrient-enriched, food supplements are the best way to ensure your pets are getting all the vitamins and minerals they need to live long healthy lives.
Life Extension’s Cat Mix is among the best products for protecting your pet’s health. Just two scoops per day provide the vitamins your pet needs to stay healthy and strong. Cat Mix contains significant amounts of high-grade nutrients usually reserved for the most expensive human supplements. It contains flavonoids, amino acids, antioxidants, probiotics, essential fatty acids, methylation enhancers, and more.
In fact, many commercial pet foods do not contain the vitamins, amino acids, phytonutrients, and advanced antioxidants found in Cat Mix. Life Extension pet supplements contain the same premium-grade nutrients used in the products created for their humans.
|Serving Size: 2 scoops (approximately 1.176 grams) |
Servings Per Container: approximately 85
|Amount Per Serving|
Green Tea extract (leaf) (providing 980 mcg polyphenols)
|Super Nutrition |
Rosemary, thyme and sage extracts
|Essential Vitamins |
|Amino Acids |
|Protein synthesis and Water Balance |
Trimethylglycine (TMG) (as betaine anhydrous)
Probiotic concentrate [L. acidophilus, L. plantarum, B. bifidum, B. Lactis (providing 250 million CFU†)]
|Mixed Carotenoids |
Vitamin A Betatene®
|Glucose Metabolism and Longevity |
Alpha Lipoic Acid
|Ingredients: egg yolk powder, taurine, L-arginine, dicalcium phosphate, betaine anhydrous, ascorbic acid, maltodextrin, d-alpha tocopheryl succinate, rosemary extract, sage extract, thyme extract, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine HCl, thiamine HCl, green tea extract, riboflavin, Betatene® [beta-carotene with mixed carotenoids (alpha-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin)], folic acid, alpha lipoic acid, probiotics (L. acidophilus, L. plantarum, B. bifidum, B. lactis), methylcobalamin.|
|Contains egg, fish (tilapia).|
†Colony Forming Units at time of manufacture
Betatene® is a registered trademark of BASF SE.
Dosage and Use:
- For cats weighing six to nine pounds, mix two (2) scoops a day into your pet’s food. Adjust amount according to weight.
- Refrigerate after opening. Density may vary.
Note: This product is not meant to replace veterinary care. Any animal not responding to nutritional therapy should be seen by a licensed, competent veterinarian. Always inform your veterinarian if your animal is taking a supplement.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
4. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2005 Nov-Dec;41(6):355-67.
5. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2004 Jan;34(1):187-216.
6. J AmVet Med Assoc. 2003 Oct 15;223(8):1130-6.
7. Vet Res Commun. 2005 Aug;29 Suppl 2:39-44.
8. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2006 Jul 1;229(1):70-3.
9. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2004 Jan;34(1):187-216.
10. Nutr Neurosci. 2002 Apr;5(2):75-90.
11. J Nutr. 1999 Dec;129(12):2225-30.
12. J Physiol. 1996 Mar 1;491 ( Pt 2):471-7.
13. Neurosci Lett. 1995 Jun 9;192(2):77-80.
14. Gastroenterology. 1995 Apr;108(4):1215-20.
15. Circulation. 1992 Jul;86(1):279-88.
16. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2006 Dec 1;229(11):1729-32
17. J Vet Intern Med. 2000 Sep-Oct;14(5):507-12.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.