Benefits of Breast Health Formula
- Helps maintain healthy estrogen levels
- Supports women’s hormone levels through age related changes
- Promotes breast health and women’s reproductive health
- Helps detoxify the body from environmental damage
Life Extension Breast Health Formula helps protect the breast’s DNA gene structure from aging and environmental damage. This formula contains phytoestrogens, plant lignans, cruciferous vegetable extracts, calcium, and vitamin D to support a healthy estrogen balance.
Women today face a growing number of health issues, including the need to support DNA gene structure in the breast. Detrimental factors such as the aging process, along with the daily bombardment of damaging environmental estrogen-like compounds, demonstrate the need to support a woman’s breast cellular structure.
A wealth of research shows that specific plant extracts can positively influence cellular status and help maintain a healthy balance of estrogens.
Estrogen is broken down in the body into two important metabolites. Those metabolites are the good 2-hydroxyestrone and the bad 16 alpha-hydroxyestrone. Scientists have identified nutrients like indole-3-carbinol (I3C) that can tip the delicate balance of estrogens in favor of the good form.1,2
Women seeking to proactively restore their youthful hormonal balance can take this phytonutrient-based formula that helps support healthy estrogen activity and detoxification. Some of the active ingredients in the Breast Health Formula are:
- Phytoestrogens – function as selective estrogen receptor modifiers that help block certain estrogen receptor sites on cells, thus preventing bad estrogen from exerting its harmful effects3
- Plant lignans – boost beneficial enterolactone levels that favorably alter estrogen metabolism4,5
- Cruciferous vegetable extracts and I3C – effectively increase 2-hydroxyestrone while reducing undesirable 16 alpha-hydroxyestrone6,7
- Calcium D-glucarate – safely facilitates the removal of harmful estrogen from the body through inhibiting beta-glucuronidase, an enzyme that rips the glucuronide conjugate off the estrogen8,9
- Vitamin D – restores healthy genetic regulatory switching to aging cells10
Breast Health Formula provides nutrients that have demonstrated broad-spectrum support for preserving optimal breast health.
Serving Size: 2 vegetarian capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)
Calcium (as Calcium D-Glucarate)
Iodine (as potassium iodide)
Proprietary Cruciferous Vegetable Blend
Broccoli super concentrate extract (seed and plant) [providing glucosinolates]; watercress 4:1 extract (whole herb); wasabi powder (rhizome)
Proprietary Enterolactone Precursors Blend
Flax lignan extract (seed) [providing secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG)]; HMRlignan™ Norway spruce (Picea abies) lignan extract (knot wood) [std. to 90% hydroxymatairesinol potassium acetate]
Isoflavones (from Novasoy® soy isoflavone concentrate)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, ascorbyl palmitate, corn starch, maltodextrin.
Novasoy® is a registered trademark of Archer Daniels Midland Company
HMRlignan™ trademark is used under license from Linnea SA
Dosage and Use:
- Take two capsules daily for individuals weighing up to 160 lbs.
- Those weighing over 160 lbs., take three to four capsules daily.
- This product can be taken with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Do not take if pregnant or lactating. Consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product if you have a thyroid condition, high blood calcium levels, or hormone-sensitive cancers. Individuals consuming more than 2,000 IU/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. J Psychosoc Oncol. 2013 Jan;31(1):65-82.
2. Breast Cancer Res. 2010;12(5):211.
3. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 2013 Mar; 18(1):75-87
4. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1997 May 21;89(10):718-23.
5. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1998 Mar;22(3):227-9.
6. Planta Med. 2008 Oct;74(13):1656-65.
7. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2008 May;110(1-2):176-85
8. Int J Cancer. 2004 Sep 1;111(3):440-3.
9. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007 Mar 21;99(6):475-86.
10. Altern Med Rev. 2002 Apr;7(2):112-29.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.