Compared to many other fruits and vegetables, blueberries and pomegranates contain some of the highest concentrations of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. Life Extension Blueberry Extract with Pomegranate uses only the most potent wild blueberry and pomegranate extracts to ensure optimal effectiveness.
- 550 mg of high quality blueberry extracts with 100 mg of POMELLA® Pomegranate extract
- Aids in the maintenance of arterial health and blood flow
- Provides exceptionally high pigment antioxidant content
- Provides natural, full-spectrum polyphenols
- Offers potent doses of multiple fruit compounds in one capsule
Cardiovascular Effects of Blueberry and Pomegranate Extracts
The antioxidants contained in blueberries and pomegranates support heart health via several cardiovascular benefits. Firstly, it is thought to aid in the maintenance of cholesterol levels and blood pressure within a normal range. The other area of beneficial cardiovascular effects involves the assistance of endothelial and vascular function.
Exceptional Pigment-Based Antioxidant Content
Blueberries contain certain antioxidant pigments which have a greater capacity to scavenge for free radicals than those contained in other fruits and vegetables. The two most active of these pigments are anthocyanins and pterostilbene. Anthocyanins are considered one of nature’s most potent antioxidants. Pterostilbene is thought to be supportive of healthy lipid and blood glucose levels that are already within a standard range.
To maximize the benefits of this healthful fruit, Life Extension Blueberry Extract with Pomegranate uses AuroraBlue® – a patented complex made from wild Alaskan blueberries. These high quality berries are grown in a completely natural environment free from exposure to chemical contaminants. This particular complex is derived from the genus Vaccinium which is especially abundant in anthocyanins, giving it nearly 10 times the antioxidant capacity of commercially cultivated berries.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Wild Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) whole extract (fruit)||375 mg|
|POMELLA® Pomegranate (Punica granatum) extract (fruit) [standardized to 30% punicalagins (60 mg)]||200 mg|
|AuroraBlue® Wildcrafted Blueberry Complex [Alaska Early Blueberry (Vaccinium ovalifolium Sm.), Alaska Black Huckleberry (Vaccinium alaskaense How.), Alpine Blueberry (Vaccinium uliginosum L. spp. alpinum (Bigel.) Hult.), Bog Bilberry (Vaccinium uliginosum L. spp. microphyllum Lange)] (fruit, leaves, stems)||100 mg|
|BlueActiv Wild Blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) Anthocyanins extract (fruit)||75 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, vegetable stearate, silica. Contains corn.|
POMELLA® Extract is covered under U.S. Patent 7,638,640 and POMELLA® is a registered trademark of Verdure Sciences, Inc.
AuroraBlue® is a registered trademark of Denali Bio Technologies, LLC.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule once or twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.