- 50 Billion CFU probiotic blend includes 10 different bacterial strains.
- Features probiotic support botanicals like chamomile, Jerusalem artichoke, and orange blossom.
- Slippery elm has been added for prebiotic support.
- May provide benefits for healthy digestion, as well as the immune system.
- 60 capsules in every bottle.
The Criteria of a Quality Probiotic Supplement
Probiotics are any bacterial microorganisms which are beneficial to human health. While these organisms are small in size, they have a very large impact on the health of numerous systems and functions within the human body. Due to the particularly large flora of probiotics which reside in the gut, most people assume that probiotics are only useful for supporting digestion and other aspects of gastrointestinal health. This is not quite the case as probiotics are equally renowned for their immune system support.
In addition to fermented foods, countless dietary supplements offer large quantities of probiotic strains which may contribute to a healthy gut flora. Generally speaking, these supplements have an impressive track record in scientific literature,1 but not all of them are made as equals. The biggest issue which commonly affects low-quality probiotic supplements is a lack of variety in bacterial strains. There are countless probiotic strains which have a variety of effects and potential benefits once ingested. That’s why it’s important to find a supplement which isn’t limited to only three or four different strains.
Empirical Labs Alphadophilus contains 10 separate varieties of bacterial strains. This is well above the average probiotic supplement. In addition, Alphadophilus includes botanical ingredients like chamomile, Jerusalem artichoke, and slippery elm bark. Chamomile and Jerusalem artichoke have been shown to support the healthy proliferation of probiotic colonies.2,3 Meanwhile, fibrous slippery elm bark is often used as a helpful prebiotic.4 All of these factors make Empirical Labs Alphadophilus a complete probiotic solution, as opposed to generic supplements with limited ingredients and diminished efficacy.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.