- 500 mg of Berberine HCL in every serving.
- Features Barberry Root Pentas™, Barberry Root Ash Pentas™, and standardized Barberry extracts.
- Also includes BioPerine® for support of enhanced nutrient absorption.
- Berberine may provide support for antioxidant and immunomodulatory effects, protective action for the cardiovascular system, liver and kidney, endothelial relaxation, regulation of glucose metabolism and more!2*
- Vegan and Vegetarian friendly.
- 60 servings per container.
Why Choose Berberine Plus Over Others?
Berberine is an alkaloid which has a very prominent reputation for it nutritional properties, particularly its potential to support the cardiovascular system. While many within the health and wellness community are familiar with this particular alkaloid, far fewer are aware of its source, the Barberry plant. This is unfortunate given that Barberry is a source of numerous active compounds besides Berberine which may provide effects such as antioxidant and hepatoprotective support.1*
This is key to understanding what separates Berberine Plus from the masses of generic Berberine supplements on the market: its use of the complete natural Barberry root, as well as rhythmically prepared ashes and salts. By using a more holistic batch of Barberry plant components than their competitors, True Botanic has achieved the most thoroughly “full-spectrum” Barberry root formula available. Thus the potential nutritional benefits of Berberine Plus are vastly wider-reaching than those of generic Berberine supplements.
The BioPerine® Advantage
In addition to the full-spectrum nature of Berberine Plus is its utilization of BioPerine®. Piperine is an initially flavorless alkaloid which is known for its burning aftertaste. If you’ve ever bitten into an over-sized chunk of black pepper, that strong tingling sensation on your tongue was caused by Piperine. Thankfully, Piperine has a much more useful feature than its spiciness.
BioPerine® is a patented extract which is obtained from black pepper fruits (Piper nigrum), and standardized for a minimum of 95% Piperine. The principal purpose of BioPerine® is to enhance the bioavailability of other nutrients that it is paired with. Many are familiar with the fact that Piperine can be used to greatly improve the bioavailability of Curcumin.3 However, it is less commonly known that similar results have been unveiled for Resveratrol, CoQ10, Vitamin B6, and more! In general, BioPerine® was found to enhance absorption of nutrients by at least 30%.4
So, how is this actually achieved? The exact reasons are multi-fold, but one of the biggest factors is thermogenesis. This molecular process generates heat at a cellular level and has been linked to everything from weight management to the utilization of nutrients from food by increasing demand for fresh nutrients to sustain the metabolic processes involved. Piperine has been shown to stimulate the release of certain compounds which are integral to thermogenesis.5 Click here to learn more directly from the good people behind BioPerine®.
Caution: This product contains a desiccant package, which should not be eaten. Keep desiccant in the bottle until all tablets have been taken.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.