- Features AKBA 90™, Boswellin® PS & AKBA True Pentas™.
- Designed for maximum anti-inflammatory support.
- May nutritionally aid healthy skin, joints, digestion & cognitive function.
- AKBA is widely agreed upon as the most effective Boswellic Acid.
- Contains no milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, or soybeans. Gluten free.
- 90 Vegetarian Capsules servings per container.
Boswellia Serrata – History, Traditional Use & Chemical Composition
You might not know it, but Boswellia Serrata is one of the most important herbs in the world. While Boswellia is far from being a household name in America, it is of tremendous importance to the healing practices of numerous other cultures throughout the world. In most western cultures, it is better known as Frankincense which is notable only for its Biblical relevance.
Meanwhile, the extensive history of traditional Boswellia usage is vast and includes applications such as dental and skin conditions, respiratory concerns, and even digestive troubles.1 So, what properties does the Boswellia plant possess which gives it purpose in traditional healing practices?
As with most plants, Boswellia Serrata is host to numerous chemical compounds. The most unique and relevant of these are known, fittingly, as Boswellic Acids. As of 2016, only 12 distinct Boswellic Acids have been identified. Of these 12, only two Boswellic Acids have been studied extensively: 11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (KBA) and acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid (AKBA).2
Scientific studies surrounding these two chemicals have centered around their anti-inflammatory properties. This is fascinating given that many of Boswellia’s traditional uses listed above revolve around health complications which are either caused or exacerbated by inflammation. To truly understand the potential of this AKBA Plus formulation from True Botanica, let’s take a closer look at the clinical literature behind these potent compounds and their anti-inflammatory properties.
AKBA Plus & Inflammation
In vitro studies have discovered that Boswellic Acids possess a unique capability for dual inhibitory action of two separate inflammatory processes. The processes in question are leukotriene synthesis via 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) and the release of human leukocyte elastase (HLE) – both prominent pro-inflammatory compounds. It’s also worth noting that a review of this clinical literature states that out of all the Boswellic Acids tested “acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid is the most potent inhibitor of 5-LO”.3
While the anti-inflammatory support mechanisms of AKBA and other Boswellic Acids are best known for their effect on healthy joints and the digestive tract, a 2018 study has indicated a new potential use for AKBA in particular.
Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) is an inflammatory compound which is a known contributor to certain forms of cognitive dysfunction. The aforementioned study sought to evaluate the impact of AKBA on an LPS-induced neuroinflammatory model. The results of this study indicate that AKBA, in combination with dexamethasone (DEX), was capable of reversing the behavioral dysfunction induced by LPS.4
True Botanica AKBA Plus is a rich source of not just AKBA, but numerous other Boswellia Serrata extracts and Boswellic Acids which may provide full-spectrum anti-inflammatory support.*
Caution: This product contains a desiccant package, which should not be eaten. Keep desiccant in the bottle until all capsules have been taken. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use this product if allergies to the listed ingredients are known to exist or if any adverse effects result after taking the first dose.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.