5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an intermediate in the natural synthesis of the essential amino acid, tryptophan, to serotonin. Clinical studies suggest that 5-HTP supports healthy serotonin levels. In the body, 5-HTP converts to serotonin with the enzymatic removal of a carboxyl group (COOH). Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity responsible for emotion, appetite and sleep/wake cycles.
Two open trials and a double blind comparative investigation indicate that 5-HTP provides promising support for emotional well-being. Additional studies indicate similar potential for support.
Appetite And Weight Management Support
5-HTP has been shown to help moderate appetite and food cravings in study participants.
Cranial Vessel Comfort
In several trials, including one that involved over 100 subjects, 5-HTP has demonstrated the ability to promote healthy cranial vessel comfort and function.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
5-hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia simplicifolia)
Other Ingredients: hypo-allergenic plant fiber (derived from pine cellulose) added to complete capsule volume requirement
Dosage and Use:
- 1–3 capsules per day, in divided doses, before meals.
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women
- Do not use concurrently with SSRI medications or MAO inhibitors
- If taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.