- Beta-sitosterol, saw palmetto and lycopene work synergistically to support the function of a healthy prostate
- Ingestion of beta-sitosterol may help support healthy cholesterol levels already within a standard range
- Lycopene is a useful carotenoid with antioxidant properties
- Protocol for Life Balance Prostate-B Softgel formulation also contains vitamin D, zinc, selenium, green tea extract, and more ingredients for nutritional prostate support
The Many Nutritional Benefits of Beta-Sitosterol
Beta-sitosterol is one of several phytosterols – a class of plant derived chemical compounds which share a similar structure to cholesterol. As a phytosterol, beta-sitosterol is remarkably common in plants. However, it can be found in particularly high concentrations in avocados and dark chocolate.
Because of its similar structure to cholesterol, beta-sitosterol is most commonly used for its purported ability to limit quantities of LDL (or “bad”) cholesterol. It is less commonly known that beta-sitosterol has been studied for its ability to reduce inflammation in the prostate.1 Those who seek to provide nutritional support for the function of a healthy prostate may want to supplement for this incredibly helpful nutrient.
Saw Palmetto and Prostate Support
Saw palmetto is a palm-like plant which produces highly nutritious berries. These berries have been consumed by various Native American tribes throughout history, some of which ascribed healing qualities to the fruit. This supplement contains an extract of these very same berries.
Saw palmetto extracts have a number of impressive nutritional qualities. In particular, when taken in combination with lycopene (also included in this supplement), saw palmetto has been shown to aid in the function of a healthy prostate by supporting the inner prostate lining which applies pressure to lower urinary tract tubes.2,3
Serving Size: 3 Softgels
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin D-3 (as Cholecalciferol)
Zinc (from Zinc Glycinate)
Selenium (from Selenium Amino Acid Complex)
Saw Palmetto Extract (Berry) (Serenoa repens)
Phytosterols (Plant Sterols) (with Beta-Sitosterol)
Stinging Nettle Root Extract (Urtica dioica)
Quercetin (from Quercetin Dihydrate)
Turmeric Root Extract (Curcuma longa)
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Lycopene (LYC-O-MATO® Natural Tomato Extract)
Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis) (Leaf)
Pomegranate Extract (Punica granatum) (Fruit)
Natural Trans-Resveratrol [from Japanese Knotweed Extract (Polygonum cuspidatum) (Root)]
Flax Seed Lignan Extract
Other Ingredients: Softgel Capsule (gelatin, glycerin, water, carob)
Dosage and Use:
- Take 3 softgels daily, preferably with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Note: This product is non-GMO, gluten free, and vegetarian.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.