Biotin is a water-soluble B-vitamin (vitamin B7)1 necessary for normal growth and body function. It is a key regulatory element in gluconeogenesis, fatty acid synthesis, and in the metabolism of some amino acids. Alongside its role in energy production, Biotin has been shown to support healthy serum glucose levels that are already within the normal range. In addition, it may also supports healthy immune function and plays a critical role in skin health.
Vitamin B7 also supports hair loss and a facial rash with odd facial fat distribution due to potential deficiencies. Other symptoms include depression, lethargy, dermatitis, and a tingling sensation in the extremities.1,3 Research indicates that smoking cigarettes may cause biotin deficiency3, especially in women.4
Biotin has many health and diet uses including diabetes and hair, skin, and nail problems.1 Research indicates that low levels of it may be associated with several diseases in humans.2
Serving Size: 1 Vcap
Servings Per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving
5.0 mg (5,000 mcg)
Other Ingredients: Rice Flour, Cellulose (capsule), Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source) and Silica.
Contains No: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives.
Vcaps® is a trademark of Capsugel.
Dosage and Use:
- As a dietary supplement, take 1 Vcap® 1 to 2 times daily, preferably with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Consider taking this product in combination with B-Complex Vitamins.
Caution: Long-term anticonvulsant (anti-seizure) and antibiotic therapies may increase the need for biotin. Large doses of the nutrient pantothenic acid have the potential to compete with vitamin B7 for intestinal and cellular uptake due to their similar structures. Very high (pharmacologic) doses of lipoic acid have been found to decrease the activity of biotin-dependent carboxylases in rats, but such an effect has not been demonstrated in humans.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.