Benefits of HLC Intensive
- Increases amounts of healthy bacteria
- Improves intestinal and digestive health
- Aids digestive system in nutrient absorption
- Increases immunity to infections
- Helps gut microflora normalize after antibiotic use
HLC Intensive offers a high dose of probiotics which naturally occur in the digestive tract but can become depleted due to stress, age, illness, and certain medicines. These strains of healthy bacteria aid in the digestive process by helping the body break down foods into nutrients it can easily absorb. Without them the body cannot fully break down foods and problems with indigestion, irregular bowel movements, gas, and bloating.
Taking antibiotics, which kill off bacteria and are used to reduce bad bacteria levels in the body can lower the healthy bacteria levels as well because the medicine cannot distinguish between the two types of bacteria and ends up killing off all of them.2 When the healthy bacteria are depleted it leaves room in the body for unhealthy bacteria to grow back in its place, so taking a probiotic to counteract the negative effects of an antibiotic both improves health and help prevents future infections.
People often associate bacteria and microorganisms with harmful germs and infections, but in reality there are many strains of microorganisms which help the body function to the best of its ability.1 These microorganisms live both on and inside of our bodies and actually outnumber human cells by 10 to 1. Probiotics work to increase the amounts of these helpful microorganisms in the body, helping them help the body and not allowing any space for bad bacteria to grow to excess.
Healthy bacteria prevent the excess growth of bad bacteria strains which could cause various infections if given the room to grow.3 This applies to infections beyond the digestive tract as well, including lung and vaginal infections which can be prevented by probiotics.4 Each strain of healthy bacteria lives in a certain part of the body and helps with a certain function, those included in HLC high potency reside in the gut and are most associated with helping the digestive process. Buy they also are present in some other parts of the body, improving total immunity to infections when they’re properly balanced. And in those who are already ill, probiotics will kill off excess bad bacteria and can help shorten the duration of illnesses.5
HLC Intensive contains essential probiotics to promote digestive health and help keep good bacteria amounts in the body at healthy levels. Used with antibiotics, it can help prevent infections and recover from current infections sooner. It also improves digestive function and health so you can get the most nutrients from your foods and have an efficient digestive system.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetable capsule |
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving|
|HLC Consortium |
Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60)
Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21)
Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20)
Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
|25 billion viable cells|
|Other Ingredients: Cellulose, hypromellose|
Dosage and Use:
- One capsule taken daily with a meal, at least 2-3 hours before or after taking antibiotics, or as professionally directed.
Note: Store under refrigeration (below 46 °F).
Caution: If you have an immune-compromised condition, do not use. If symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond three days, discontinue use and consult your healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Probiotics | NCCIH
2. Lactobacillus: MedlinePlus
3. Bifidobacteria: MedlinePlus
4. Berggren A, Lazou ahrén I, Larsson N, Önning G. Randomised, double-blind and placebo-controlled study using new probiotic lactobacilli for strengthening the body immune defence against viral infections. Eur J Nutr. 2011;50(3):203-10.
5. Niedzielin K, Kordecki H, Birkenfeld B. A controlled, double-blind, randomized study on the efficacy of Lactobacillus plantarum 299V in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2001;13(10):1143-7.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.