Concentrated Ultra Prostagen from Metagenics combines the unique benefits of select herbs, amino acids, and nutrients in an exclusive formula designed to support prostate health and proper urination.
- Features a potent, premium quality, standardized extract of saw palmetto – a popular herb known for supporting prostate health – that delivers a minimum of 288 mg of naturally occurring fatty acids and sterols in just two tablets daily.
- Provides a nettles root extract equivalent to 1,000 mg raw, dried, unprocessed herb. Nettles is an herb recognized for its prostate-supportive properties.
- Supplies amino acids, vitamin B6, and zinc – nutrients essential for support of male reproductive health.
- Provides 2 mg of lycopene, a natural carotenoid found in certain fruits and vegetables
- Supplies 200 IU of vitamin D, which recent research suggests to aid in the health of prostate cells.
Studies on Palmetto and Nettle Root
A systematic review of 3139 men from 21 randomized trials suggest that saw palmetto offers support to urinary symptoms and flow. The support was comparable to those who used finasteride (Proscar), however, saw palmetto had less adverse affects.1
A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial of 620 patients involving nettle root revealed support of lower urinary tract health as well as a modest support of a healthy prostate size. The placebo did not show these improvements.2
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||200 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||10 mg|
|Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate)||83 mg|
|Phosphorus (as dicalcium phosphate)||63 mg|
|Zinc (as zinc glycinate)||7.5 mg|
|Saw Palmetto Berry Extract (Serenoa repens) – [standardized to 45% (144mg) fatty acids and sterols]||320 mg|
|Nettle Root 10:1 Extract (Equivalent to 1000 mg raw, dried, unprocessed herb.) (Urtica dioica)||100 mg|
|L-Glutamic Acid||50 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, calcium silicate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid (vegetable), cellulose, silica, and coating (water, hypromellose, medium chain triglycerides, and hydroxypropylcellulose)|
|Formulated to Exclude: Wheat, gluten, corn protein, dairy products, nuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, colors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives. This product is Gluten Free.|
U.S. Patent #5,516,925 Albion
Dosage and Use:
- Take one tablet twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.