Benefits of Shade Factor
- Supports healthy skin before, during, and after sun exposure
- Promotes natural immune response to ultraviolet light
- Encourages ATP production
- Supports healthy DNA function after ultraviolet exposure
- Lasts all day
For so long protecting your skin from the sun was a matter of sunscreen before and supplements after exposure to try and repair any UV damage. But now, with Shade Factor, supporting healthy skin can keep happening before, during, and after you spend time outdoors.
Shade Factor provides 500 mg of nicotinamide (vitamin B3) which has been shown to promote healthy DNA function after exposure to ultraviolet light.1 B3 also helps the cells produce ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the energy releasing molecule that fuels the cells so that they can keep functioning at their best.
Keeping up ATP production is important because ultraviolet exposure can reduce it, sapping cells of the energy they need to protect themselves from damage and replenish themselves.2,3 Vitamin B3 has also been shown to support the immune system’s response to UV radiation, helping to protect against age-related effects of damage over time.4-6
Also available in this formula is extract of the fern Polypodium leucotomos, which helps prevent cellular changes in the skin that can lead to premature aging from sun exposure. This fern extract also works to promote healthy DNA function after UV exposure.7-10
The other powerful ingredient is Red Orange Complex®, a standardized extract of three different types of red oranges. They work together to support the body’s natural photo-protection response to protect against the age related effects of UV exposure.11-13 Recent laboratory studies have shown how well the ingredients in this formula can work together to each support the other’s abilities and overall support skin health the best.
Together this formula supports skin health throughout the day, allowing you to better protect your skin and heal any damage as it occurs instead of after it’s too late. And unlike lotions and sprays, Shade Factor won’t wash or wear off as you swim or sweat, leaving it to nourish your skin all day.
|Serving Size: 2 vegetaian capsules |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid from Red Orange Complex®)||5.5 mg|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||500 mg|
|Polypodium leucotomos extract (leaf)||240 mg|
|Red Orange Complex |
[Sicilian red oranges (Citrus sinensis var. Moro, Sanguinello, Tarocco) extract (fruit and peel)]
|100 mg |
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, silica, stearic acid.|
Red Orange Complex ® is a registered trademark of Bionap S.r.l.
Dosage and Use:
- Take two capsules twice daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: This product is not a substitute for topical sunscreens. Gastric disturbances may occur. Consult with your healthcare provider before taking this product if you have gout or liver disease.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Carcinogenesis. 2013 May;34(5):1144-9.
2. Pathology. 2013;45(3):331-41.
3. Photochem Photobiol. 2010;86(4):942-8.
4. N Engl J Med. 2015 Oct 22;373(17):1618-26.
5. Pathology. 2013 Apr;45(3):331-41.
6. Carcinogenesis. 2009 Jan;30(1):101-5.
7. Phytother Res. 2010 Mar;24(3):414-8.
8. Nat Prod Res. 2008;22(17):1544-51.
9. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Mar;62(3):511-3.
10. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2016 Jan;32(1):22-7.
11. Int J Cosmet Sci. 1998;20(6):331-42.
12. Biofactors. 2007;30(2):129-38.
13. Nat Prod Res. 2010;24(15):1469-80.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.