Benefits of Mitochondrial Basics with BioPQQ
- Boosts energy naturally
- Defends against the physical signs of aging
- Helps cells function to the best of their ability
- Helps the body produce more mitochondria, the parts of cells which give them energy
- Protects against glycation
- Supports memory and neurological function
Life Extension Mitochondrial Basics with BioPQQ is a once a day capsule that combines PQQ, R-lipoic acid, and L-Taurine. It supports mitochondrial function and to build new mitochondria to help prevent the loss of cellular vitality.
Behind every physiological process your body needs to survive and thrive are cellular energy generators known as mitochondria. Their function is so crucial that a growing number of scientists believe mitochondrial longevity may determine overall longevity in aging humans.1-5
One of the most serious events that cause the loss of cellular vitality is the depletion of mitochondrial energy-producing function. Cells require healthy mitochondrial activity to perform life-sustaining metabolic processes. As mitochondrial function weakens in our cells, so does the vitality of organs such as the heart and brain or in some cases, the entire body.6-11
Mitochondrial Basics brings together three cutting-edge mitochondrial energizers in a one capsule per day, value-priced formula:
- PQQ. This breakthrough micronutrient is technically a vitamin12-14 and has recently been shown to trigger mitochondrial biogenesis—the growth of new mitochondria in aging cells!15 PQQ also activates genes involved in protecting the delicate structures within the mitochondria.16-19
- R-lipoic acid. The effects of free radicals comprise one of the chief obstacles to optimal mitochondrial energy production. Published studies confirm R-lipoic acid’s power to promote mitochondrial bioenergetics while simultaneously blunting free radical activity.20-25 Mitochondrial Basics contains the superior Bio-Enhanced® R-lipoic acid and is in a proprietary microencapsulated form for better absorption.
- L-Taurine. This free amino acid supports whole-body health and boosts new brain cell formation in the area of the brain connected to learning and memory.26
With these high quality ingredients offered in a conveniently low price, Mitochondrial Basics helps the body re-energize itself at the cellular level and prevent the physical signs of aging all while improving overall health.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
R-Lipoic Acid (as microencapsulated Bio-Enhanced® stabilized Na-RALA sodium R-lipoate)
BioPQQ® Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, candelilla wax, beeswax, stearic acid, silica, corn starch, acacia gum, calcium silicate.
BioPQQ® is a registered trademark of MGC (Japan).
Bio-Enhanced® is a registered trademark of Geronova Research, Inc.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one (1) capsule once or twice daily, preferably early in the day, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product can be taken with or without food.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Biochimie. 1999 Dec;81(12):1131-2.
2. Lancet. 1989 Mar 25;1(8639):642-5.
3. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2010 Jul 7.
4. Age (Dordr). 2010 Mar 20.
5. Ageing Res Rev. 2010 Jun 25.
6. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Jun;1019:406-11.
7. Postepy Biochem. 2008;54(2):129-41.
8. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002 Apr;959:491-507.
9. Chang Gung Med J. 2009 Mar-Apr;32(2):113-32.
10. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1997 94:3064-9.
11. Ann NY Acad. Sci. 1998; 854:118-27.
12. J Neurosci Res. 2011 Feb;89(2):222-30.
13. Nature. 2003 Apr 24;422(6934):832.
14. Connect Tissue Res. 1993;29(2):153-61.
15. J Biol Chem. 2010. Jan 1;285:142-152.
16. Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(3):268-77.
17. Entrez Gene: PARGC1A peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, coactivator 1 alpha [Homo sapiens] GeneID: 10891.
18. Entrez Gene: CREBBP CREB binding protein [Homo sapiens] GeneID: 1387.
19. Bauerly K, Harris C, Chowanadisai W, Graham J, Havel PJ, Tchaparian E, Satre M, Karliner JS, Rucker RB. Altering pyrroloquinoline quinone nutritional status modulates mitochondrial, lipid, and energy metabolism in rats. PLoS One. 2011;6(7):e21779. Epub 2011 Jul 21.
20. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996 Apr 16;221(2):422-9.
21. FASEB J. 1999 Feb;13(2):411-8.
22. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2000 Fall;2(3):473-83.
23. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1995 Oct;37(2):361-70.
24. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004 Mar 1;423(1):126-35.
25. Redox Rep. 2005;10(1):52-60.
26. Stem Cell Res. 2015 May;14(3):369-79.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.