Lecithin contains all the phosphatides found naturally in cell membranes. Lecithin works by increasing the cell membrane ratio of phosphatidylcholine/phosphatidylethanolamine to cholesterol, maintaining cell membrane structure and increasing cell membrane fluidity.224-230
|Serving Size: 1 heaping tablespoon (11 grams) |
Servings Per Container: about 41
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat
|Total Fat |
|5 g |
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Lecithin granules (from deoiled soybean, non-GMO)||10 g|
|Typical values: |
|Other Ingredients: tricalcium phosphate. Contains soybeans.|
Dosage and Use:
- Take one heaping tablespoon daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Can be sprinkled on cereal or mixed in juices, soups, or salad dressings.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Effects of consumption of choline and lecithin on neurological and cardiovascular systems.
2. Lecithin and choline in human health and disease.
224. Nutr Rev. 1994 Oct;52(10):327-39.
225. Fed Proc. 1982 Dec;41(14):3015-21.
226. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998 Aug 28;1393(2-3):223-34.
227. Dakar Med. 1998;43(1):5-8.
228. Mol Membr Biol. 2000 Jul-Sep;17(3):157-64.
229. J Lipid Res. 2003 Mar;44(3):567-75
230. J Biol Chem. 2003 Jun 13;278(24):21851-9.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.