Findings from published scientific literature indicate that resveratrol may be the most effective plant extract for maintaining optimal health and promoting longevity.36
Research funded by the Life Extension Foundation showed that a combination of low-dose (20 mg) resveratrol plus grapeseed extract mimicked many of the favorable gene expression changes seen in calorie-restricted animals.
The Grapeseed Extract formula provides a blend of standardized proanthocyanidins found in grapeseed and skins. Grapeseed extract helps to maintain healthy platelet function and other aspects of platelet responses,67 and protects the central nervous system from reactive oxygen species.68 This whole grape extract contains a spectrum of polyphenols that are naturally contained in red wine such as proanthocyanidins, anthocyanins, flavonoids, etc. This blend also provides standardized trans-resveratrol, the polyphenol in red wine that has shown so many health benefits.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule |
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate)||250 mg|
|Calcium (as calcium ascorbate)||25 mg|
|Proprietary Blend: |
Masquelier’s®2 Original OPCs1 [single and condensed (2-5) units of flavanols & polyphenols from grape seeds]
Leucoselect®3 Grape seed extract (Vitis vinifera) [std. for 95% proanthocyanidins]
|Trans-Resveratrol [from Japanese knotweed (root) and grape (fruit) extracts]||20 mg|
|Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate.|
1- Masquelier’s® is a registered trademark of International Nutrition Company BV (INC), Loosdrecht, The Netherlands.
2- Leucoselect® is a registered trademark of Indena USA. US Reg. No. 2294439.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. PubMed: Pterostilbene and cancer: current review..
36. Clin Interv Aging. 2008;3(2):331-9.
67. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2005 Oct;46(4):445-51.
68. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2005 Oct;23(6):501-7.
69. Life Sci. 2006 Jul 10;79(7):641-5.
70. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2006 Nov;58(11):1483-90.
71. Clin Cancer Res. 2007 Jan 1;13(1):350-5.
72. Phytother Res. 2008 Feb;22(2):169-79.
73. Bioorg Med Chem. 2008 Apr 1;16(7):3800-8.
74. BMC Med Genomics. 2008 Mar 20;1:7.
75. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Nov 26;56(22):10544-51.
76. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2008 Oct;29(5):802-5.
77. Neurobiol Aging. 2011 Oct 7. [Epub ahead of print]
78. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2009 Feb;6(1):70-81.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.