As the human body ages, the bones need certain nutrients in order to maintain their strength and stability. Many Americans fail to get adequate amounts of vitamin D, calcium, and other important bone health nutrients through their dietary choices. If you have been experiencing any bone health complications, then supplementation of these nutrients may provide the support you need.
- Features 1000 IU of Vitamin D – perhaps the most important nutrient for bone health
- Contains bone health minerals calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, silicon, and boron
- Added iron for vitamin D metabolism support
- Designed to provide balanced nutritional support of healthy bones well into advanced age
- Convenient Chewable Tablets with a delicious chocolate flavor
Vitamin D Deficiencies in American Populations
Deficiencies in vitamin D are becoming more and more common in Americans of every age group. A 2006 study showed that a quarter of the population consume a less than adequate amount of this crucial vitamin each day, with 8% of the population at severe risk of deficiency.1 Vitamin D deficiency is primarily linked to issues with bone density, but some health experts think it may also be tied to a number of other serious health concerns.2 If you are experiencing any bone health issues or other health concerns tied to vitamin D deficiency you may want to ask your healthcare practitioner about countering with supplementation.
Vitamin D is difficult to obtain from food, and the primary way our body increases supplies of it is through exposure to sunlight. Those who lack exposure to sunlight, and don’t consume much milk or other animal products may be particularly at risk of experiencing a vitamin D deficiency. Female, black, and Hispanic populations have also been shown to be particularly susceptible to a deficiency. It’s also worth noting that an adequate supply of vitamin D is thought to improve the body’s ability to utilize calcium.
This formula also includes iron for its abilities to support vitamin D metabolism in the body.3
Minerals for Bone Health – More Than Just Calcium
Calcium isn’t the only mineral which is important for strong and healthy bones. There are a number of trace and essential dietary minerals which are integral to consume in daily recommended doses for the long-term health of the bones. These minerals are magnesium, zinc, manganese, silicon, and boron.4 A number of them are difficult to find in food sources and often require supplementation for a consistent daily intake.
|Serving Size: 2 Chewable Tablets
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)
|Calcium (as calcium carbonate, citrate)
|Magnesium (as magnesium oxide)
|Zinc (as zinc amino acid chelate)
|Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate)
|Silicon [from horsetail extract (aerial part)]
|Boron (as boron amino acid chelate)
|Other Ingredients: xylitol, natural flavors (chocolate, vanilla), cocoa powder, stearic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, maltodextrin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, stevia extract, vegetable stearate, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, rice flour, silica.
Dosage and Use:
- Chew two (2) tablets daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Do not swallow tablets whole.
- Scientific studies suggest calcium supplementation in divided doses with food in the morning and evening may yield the best results.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.