- 125 million CFU of probiotic strains per vegetable capsule – far more potent than the average probiotic supplement!
- Features a wide variety of plant-based digestive enzymes such as amylase, protease, and lipase via Thera-blend™.
- Free of GMO, artificial colors/flavors, preservatives, soy, and dairy.
- Unlike most supplements containing digestive enzymes, Complete Digestion is vegetarian friendly.
- 90 servings per container.
Why You Should Never Neglect Healthy Digestion
The health of one’s gastrointestinal tract, and the digestive system as a whole, has an impact on every other facet of human health. This is because the entire body, with all of its tissues, organs, and organ systems, is reliant on nutrients absorbed from food via digestive processes. While this basis is fairly obvious, the wide reach of its implications is often underestimated by even the most health-savvy individuals.
Some of the most common and unexpected side effects of gastrointestinal health complications include feelings of anxiety, increased blood pressure, and difficulties with focus and other aspects of cognitive function.1,2,3 If you regularly experience any of these effects, and have doubts about the integrity of your digestive health, then quality dietary supplements like Complete Digestion from Enzyme Science may be a useful means of full-body nutritional support.
Ingredients for Digestive Health Support
Given the importance and complexity of the gastrointestinal tract, a variety of nutrients are required to support peak digestive health. Two of the most important nutrient categories for this cause include probiotics and digestive enzymes. This is because they are both natural facets of the gastrointestinal tract which have an unfortunate tendency to become damaged or otherwise diminished. Thankfully, both are commonly found in dietary supplements which are known for their relatively high bioavailability.
Now, let’s take a closer look at digestive enzymes and probiotics, as well as the specifics of the Enzyme Science Complete Digestion formula:
Probiotics – For such a common supplemental ingredient, probiotics can be very complicated, particularly if you’re looking at the product label. Most probiotic supplements will contains a multitude of bacterial strains with intricate and unpronounceable names like Lactobacillus Paracasei and DE111 Bacillus Subtilis. They are also dosed in an unusual metric known as colony forming units (CFU). Here’s the gist: If you want to get the most out of probiotic supplementation, then you need to cover 2 essential bases.
- A wide variety of probiotic strains – different strains have different effects and bioavailability levels which seem to vary greatly depending on the individual recipient. Therefor, the more variety, the merrier!
- A sufficiently large dose – many of the most popular probiotic supplements contain only a fraction of the contents of Complete Digestion (the most common being 50 million CFU, as opposed to the 125 million CFU contained in Complete Digestion). For certain individuals, larger doses may be absolutely essential for achieving optimal results.4
Digestive Enzymes – When people refer colloquially to their metabolism, they are usually referring to digestive metabolism which is heavily reliant upon digestive enzymes. This is because digestive enzymes are responsible for breaking down macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, and lipids) from food.
The Complete Digestion formula is unique in that it utilizes only plant-based digestive enzymes. While more research needs to be conducted on the efficacy of plant-based enzymes, one study described the literature so far as offering “great promise in the advancement of digestive enzyme therapy”.5 Naturally, they also make this formulation ideal for vegetarians who are often restricted from digestive enzyme supplementation.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.