- 575 mg of citicoline monosodium per capsule.
- Designed for optimal blood-brain barrier penetration and nutritional cognitive support.
- Free of wheat, gluten, dairy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- 30 daily servings in every bottle.
The Role of Choline & the Cerenx Advantage
If you’ve ever taken an interest in cognitive support supplements and medical foods, then odds are you’ve encountered an ingredient known as choline. This is for good reason as choline is:
- a.) an essential nutrient, meaning it must be obtained through ones diet.
- b.) one of the most relevant nutrients in terms of healthy cognitive function.
Interestingly enough, choline itself has little direct impact on the brain. Instead, choline is used to synthesize substances like phospholipids (known as phosphatidylcholines) which comprise 40% of all cell membranes in the human body, the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and many more essential components of a healthy and full-functional brain.
However, as with many otherwise useful supplemental ingredients, there is a glaring issue with getting certain forms of choline past the blood-brain barrier. In a nutshell, the blood-brain barrier is an astounding passageway found within the cells of our blood vessels. What makes this barrier so astounding is its unique ability of being hyper-selective in terms of which substances are allowed to pass into the central nervous system, and ultimately to interact with the neurons which reside therein.
This is the exact reason citicoline (CDP-Choline), as found in Diem Cerenx, is often considered to be the superior form of choline for supplementation. Once ingested, citicoline is broken down into choline and cytidine. These two compounds are then able to cross the blood-brain barrier where they are reformed into citicoline as part of the process of phosphatidylcholine synthesis.
The Cerenx formula from Diem is based around a potent 575 mg dose of citicoline monosodium. Due to its superior bioavailability, this formula may be capable of providing a wide range of cognitive support properties.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.