Benefits of High Potency Optimized Folate
- Supports cardiovascular health.
- Provides neurotransmitter and cognitive support.
- Contains a highly bioactive form of folate, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, up to 7X more absorbable than folic acid.
- Strongly suggested to support the reduction of neonatal neural tube defects.
- Indicated in the prevention of diseases such as dementia and certain types of cancer.
- May support lower homocysteine levels by up to 25 percent.
A large body of research suggests that increased folate intake during pregnancy and preconception vastly decreases the risk of neonatal neural tube defects.1
Folic acid supplementation in the form 5-methyltetrahydrofolate increases the absorption rate by up to 7 times in comparison to just taking regular folic acid in it’s pre-enzymatic state. Some people have difficulty converting the folic acid into 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, because they lack certain enzymes, which means that they don’t absorb as much of the supplement. Taking the folic acid in this state avoids the extra step of breaking it down for the body, which decreases the work load and allows it to be readily available for absorption.
Folic acid may help to support the heart by reducing hardening of the arterial walls within the blood vessels. This in turn could reduce the risk of stroke as well. The science behind this, is that homocysteine levels are reduced when taking adequate amounts of folic acid. Homocysteine levels have been shown to correlate with heart and cardiovascular health and wellness.2
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian tablet
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Folate [as (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt]
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, silica, vegetable stearate.
Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A., Patent number 7,947,662.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one (1) tablet daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Do not use this product if treated with methotrexate, fluorouracil, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone, or levodopa prior to consultation with your personal physician.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. Folic acid and L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate: comparison of clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
2. Folic Acid for Heart Health
3. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Apr;83(4):842-50.
4. Am J Ther. 2014; Epub Nov 17.
5. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2011 Jan;8(1):19-28.
6. Am J Hum Genet. 2002 Mar;70(3):758-62.
7. Coll Antropol. 2004 Dec;28(2):647-54.
8. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Mar;141(5):825-30.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.