Piceatannol is a useful nutrient which supports antioxidant activity, anti-inflammatory activity, and the standard health and function of the central nervous system as a whole. These Piceatannol Suppositories from Zetpil provide a calibrated dosage in a highly absorbable suppository base.
- A structural analog to resveratrol with even more nutritional benefits!
- Supports antioxidant activity, anti-inflammatory activity, and the function of the central nervous system.
- Also supports heart health.
- Suppository formulation greatly improves the bioavailability of piceatannol.
- Suppositories can be shipped with ice to ensure preservation of shape and potency.
Piceatannol – Out From the Shadow of Resveratrol
Resveratrol gets a lot of attention for its nutritional qualities. It’s true that resveratrol has powerful antioxidant, brain health, and heart health properties, but many people don’t realize that piceatannol, another stilbenoid with an analogous structure to resveratrol, offers all these same nutritional properties, and more!
The Properties and Functions of Piceatannol
Piceatannol is a stilbenoid found in red grape skins, red wine, white tea, and most prominently in the seeds of passion fruit. As with other varieties of stilbenoid, piceatannol has been shown to support antioxidant activity throughout the body. This means that the presence of piceatannol helps to neutralize free radicals which would otherwise contribute to an accumulation of oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is thought to be extremely harmful to the body, so the consumption of piceatannol is a net good for overall bodily health based on its antioxidant properties alone.
Also similar to resveratrol, piceatannol may support anti-inflammatory activity by activating SIRT1, an enzyme which regulates protein activity throughout the body on a cellular level. SIRT1 inhibits the gene expression of NF-κB, a primary regulator of genes associated with inflammation. By activating SIRT1, piceatannol consumption could be a potential factor in reducing the accumulation of inflammation that comes with advanced age.1
Piceatannol does everything for the body that resveratrol can do, and it is thought to be much more potent. One feature that piceatannol has which resveratrol lacks is the ability to support a healthy quantity of astrocytes – one of the three major types of cell which comprise the central nervous system. Higher density and differentiation of astrocytes in the body may support the function of the central nervous system.2
Note: Storing this product at room temperature will not alter the effectiveness or potency. However a firm suppository is necessary for a comfortable and easy insertion. Therefore we recommend that this product be stored in the refrigerator to maintain firmness. If the suppository does become soft, place the suppository in the refrigerator to achieve the firmness needed for comfortable insertion Avoid excessive heat 40°C (104°F). Store in a cool place 8° to 15°C (46° to 59°F) or refrigerate. When using nutritional supplements or nutraceuticals, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition healthcare professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.