If muscle protein breakdown occurs at a faster rate than protein synthesis, muscles will become soft, saggy, and less functional. To support muscle mass one needs to sustain a healthy workout routine and proper dietary intake. Zetpil Leucine with HMB Suppositories contain a highly absorbable form of branched-chain amino acid, Leucine – an essential nutrient used in protein synthesis in muscles throughout the body.
- Contains essential branched-chain amino acid, Leucine, and one of its metabolites, Calcium Hydroxymethybutyrate (HMB)
- Provides nutritional support of muscle protein synthesis
- Designed for those engaged in diet and exercise routines with the intent of building or maintaining muscle mass
- Highly absorbable suppository formula helps to deliver nutrients where they are most needed and useful to the body
- Suppositories can be shipped with ice to ensure preservation of shape and potency.
Understanding Muscle Catabolism and How to Prevent it
Muscle catabolism refers to the process of muscle tissues breaking down into smaller and more loosely bound segments. This causes muscles to develop a soft, sagging appearance. It also reduces their functionality. Muscle catabolism occurs for a number of reasons: advanced age, lack of exercise, or nutrient deficiencies. We can’t stop you from aging, or force you to go to the gym, but we can provide some essential nutrients your body needs to support a healthy muscle mass!
Branched-chain Amino Acids, Protein Synthesis, and Healthy Muscle Mass
Branched-chain amino acids are essential nutrients. This means that they can’t be produced in the body, so they are most commonly obtained from breaking down proteins in the foods we eat. After being broken down and absorbed in the digestive system, branched-chain aminos play a pivotal role in protein synthesis in muscles throughout the body. Leucine is one of the most primary of these branched-chain aminos.
In order for muscle mass to be developed and retained, protein synthesis must exceed protein breakdown.1 With age, our bodies tend to suffer losses in their ability to synthesize protein, and muscle catabolism occurs at accelerated rates. Often times, nutritional deficiencies play a significant role in this process as well. These suppositories contain branched-chain amino acid, Leucine, and one of its metabolites, Calcium Hydroxymethybutyrate (HMB). Both substances play a supportive role in healthy protein synthesis.2,3
Note: Storing this product at room temperature will not alter the effectiveness or potency. However a firm suppository is necessary for a comfortable and easy insertion. Therefore we recommend that this product be stored in the refrigerator to maintain firmness. If the suppository does become soft, place the suppository in the refrigerator to achieve the firmness needed for comfortable insertion Avoid excessive heat 40°C (104°F). Store in a cool place 8° to 15°C (46° to 59°F) or refrigerate. When using nutritional supplements or nutraceuticals, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition healthcare professional.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.