**Test not included**
Provides more specific measures of heavy metal levels when used as a provocative agent for 5 days prior to Toxic Metal Testing. Works with urine, feces, or hair tests. EDTA detects lead, aluminum, cadmium, and more. DMSA detects mercury, tin, and other potentially harmful heavy metals.
- Urine, feces, and/or hair test NOT included.
- Helps to highlight specific heavy metal accumulations.
- Helps detect for lead, aluminum, cadmium, mercury, tin, and more.
- Provides valuable information for creating a detox regimen.
What is a Provoked Urine Test and Why is it Important for Detoxification?
To engage in a ‘provoked urine test’ is to administer heavy metal removal agents like DMSA and EDTA prior to taking a urine test for determining heavy metal concentrations. The reason for this is that each agent will attract different heavy metals (EDTA detects lead, aluminum, cadmium, and more while DMSA detects mercury, tin, and other metals) which will be flushed from the body and into the bladder before initiating a urine test. This process is commonly referred to as chelation. By chelating these heavy metals via the urinary tract, a urine test is likely to be much more accurate about quantities of specific heavy metals. With this information one can develop a more informed and targeted heavy metal detoxification regimen.
This information is particularly useful if compared to a ‘pre-test’ – a urine test taken before flushing the body of heavy metals with DMSA and EDTA. This ‘pre-test’ serves as a control to which you can compare the results of a provoked urine test taken after EDTA and DMSA. Heavy metals which appear in much higher quantities in the ‘provoked test’ than in the ‘pre-test’ should be targeted as particularly problematic substances.
- Blood levels have to be assessed within 72 hours of intoxication since the heavy metals are imbedded by that time into the tissue, and require a chelating agent to pull them out.
- Do not store DMSA suppositories in refrigerator or freezer.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- Do not use if the suppositories are open or damaged.
- Do not use if allergic or sensitive to phospholipids, sesame seeds or any of the ingredients.
- DMSA has been used safely in children. However, the safety and efficacy in pediatric patients less than 12 months of age has not been established.
- DMSA should not be taken unless you are under the supervision of a qualified health care professional.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.